Thread: Color Symbolism
View Single Post
Resident

Poor Wandering One 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
Its a process running through the tarot programme like ebola.

The idea is you give the visual, image, symbolism any meaning you want from your own personal perspective and experience.

What happens is, with the loss of the internal knowledge in the deck, people become more outward and literalistic; A purple mountain, a hand drawn badly, even the artists signature all give substance to 'some' interpretations ... ummmm even a misperception of the picture (like the 'evil dwarf' in the 6 of cups trying to 'trick' the little girl .... <looks closer> I mean the midget old Lady ).

Apparently now you can pay and go to a course where you can hear someone explain their own process of this.
This is very much the sense I'm getting in what I've studied so far. Given that color fidelity is so hit and miss when dealing with cards printed via a variety of methods that span decades, I'm not altogether convinced that the symbolism of the card is as relevant as it seems. With printing anomalies, it seems very easy to assign a great deal of import to a color or detail that wasn't even part of the original image and is only an artifact introduced somewhere in process of mass marketing cards.
Top   #8