Empress + Five of Wands: "Feelings"?

WalesWoman

my first thought was pms, my second thought is soccer mom... and the creative chaos of motherhood, rather than the ideal of it.

Or maybe they feel a strong urge for building a nest, that it might be a little wild, a little crazy, but a fun challenge.

Depends perhaps on who these cards are for, I suppose men get hit by the urge to have a family and build a nest and look forward to the craziness of raising a family, but it sounds more like something a woman might be feeling.

Lovebug

I get this combo a lot for myself its an innternal struggle to love yourself really. It has to do with having little fights with youself usually dealing with self-esteem and confidence. Its like, trying to not doubt yourself or put yourself down. Both wands and the Empress is creative energy so its also... How to phrase this living up to your role as a woman. You may feel like your not good enough but the sometimes you do. It depends on the day.

pasara

WalesWoman said:
my first thought was pms, my second thought is soccer mom... and the creative chaos of motherhood, rather than the ideal of it.
Waleswoman, I liked your ideas on this. Good image.

omnislashed

Thanks, guys. All your interpretations are undoubtedly awesome.

I was utterly lost when it pertained to the Empress's influence, because I normally conceptualize her as powerful yet docile. But now I'm beginning to obtain a more well-rounded approach towards this combination, and I'm no longer flabbergasted.

Appreciation aplenty. ;)

nisaba

A suggest these cards could come up for someone with the "controlling mother" syndrome in all their relationships, not just parental ones: someone who will fight to the death to get the other person to do things their way "out of love", making everyone unhappy "out of love".

Amanda

How about someone just doesn't know which direction to take their awesome female power, but obviously they always come through because it's a nice resource of power to tap, so it's not a big deal...

It's kind of like... "Crap, I have 10 billion dollars- what am I going to do with all of it?" When you know darn well you could do a lot with it, you just aren't sure where to start because of the sheer mass. :p

So, substitute "10 billion dollars" with whatever you see the Empress as; mothering, nurturing, creative powers, etc. etc.

SA12

Hey I happened upon this thread through a little serendipity and wonder what if you reverse it: instead of Empress + 5 of Wands, what if you are looking at the 5 of Wands + Empress, with the Empress energy as outcome?
Romantically, I always think of the 5 of Wands as getting at inner conflict/possible real life rival -- but nothing's decided. The Empress seems like the ideal woman who is either precipitating the struggle and/or will win out in the end. Thoughts?

Aset

Seems very sexual to me

Yes, to me too. I also agree with the others that there is an internal struggle, but rather than that struggle being to keep from smothering, etc., the struggle would be more with the feelings themselves. Like loving someone you're not supposed to, or don't want to, etc. Obviously it will depend on the situation you're reading for though.

SA12

Hmmm...or even loving someone you don't feel worthy of (since she is the Empress after all)...

Aset

Hmmm...or even loving someone you don't feel worthy of (since she is the Empress after all)...

I suppose, but really I'd see that as maybe 5oC (depression), 6oW (someone is up on a pedestal), or perhaps some other combination. 5oW is more angsty, and usually feelings of worthlessness lead more to depression than the firey feelings I'd associate with 5oW. Additionally, unless I misunderstood what position these cards were in, the Empress isn't meant to represent the object of the affection, but the affection itself. So I wouldn't see the Empress as feeling unworthy since, like you said, she *is* the Empress ;) But in a scenario where she was specifically meant to represent the object of one's affections, I could see that.