a little confused: cards that predict pregnancy

sab254

im new 2 this,tarot has always been somthing i hav been very interested in and recently,when a friend got me a deck i decided 2 give it a go....my question is about cards that signify pregnancy......i have read a few different articles about cards signifing pregnancy and they all say different things.....what cards predict pregnancy in a reading?...is one card enough or do you need a combination of two or more to acurately predict it?...id b very grateful if anyone could clear this up for me :) thanks x

astrum

It really does depend on all the cards in the spread and the feelings you get throughout the reading. To me there are two cards that represent pregnancy, the empress and the sun which are feminine and masculine respectively. I would definitely consider there meaning to be pregnancy if there was a reinforcing card around them like the ten of cups or the star.

Ruthann

I did a reading (for myself) and pulled, the question was "am I pregnant":

4 Swords, 4 Wands, Sun.

I asked on another thread what others thought it might mean, I'd already read the cards but wanted input. It was all affirmative, but unfortunately we lost the baby two days ago in a car accident.

sab254

im very sorry 2 hear that....thank you for your help...i did a 6 month reading for a friend,for practice and the three cards (4,5 & 6)for up to one month were the empress,ace of swords rev. and the king of wands...as i hav read different opinions on it i am rather confused...once again i really am sorry 2 hear about your loss and i wish u all the best in the future :)x

Ruthann

That's ok, it just wasn't meant to be; hubby is taking it harder than I though (such a gentle giant he is).

I think with your reading, I don't see a reinforcing card like the Sun or the Star; to me the Empress means fertility, the Rev Ace of Swords means the person may not be ready for a new challenge and the King of Wands would be someone who is creative and enthusiastic either in her life or will come into her life.

I think your reading means there will be a pregnancy in the future, but not right now.

sab254

thats what i thought,but i wasnt sure after reading the other articles...i thought it was more of a new begining than a pregnancy...the other cards for the rest of the reading were the page of wands,the chariot and the hanged man...i just wanted 2 ask as i have read so many different opinions...thank you for your help...i hope both of you are well after the accident x

Ruthann

We're doing well; the other driver not so much; my dh is a cop and we got hit in front of the pd after running errands (they ran a red light and hit us almost head-on).

The Chariot to me means moving forward but at a slow pace, so again; maybe pregnancy in the future rather than right now.

sab254

glad to hear that apart from that you are doin ok.hopefully the other driver will b alright also.....i cant express how i much i feel for you at the loss you both suffered...my love and support goes out 2 you both and i wish you so much happiness in the future.....thank you again for your help with this...at least now i can pass on this information with a bit more conifdence....just one more quick question if you dont mind....would you be able 2 tell me the main cards and the reinforcing ones that would signify pregnangy,so i know for the future :) much love xx

Ruthann

The cards I see as signifying a possible pregnancy are:

Sun, Ace of Cups, Empress, Queen of Cups, Star, 10 Pentacles, 3 Cups, 4 Wands. I think the Sun and Star are the reinforcing cards; definitely the Sun.

I'm sure there are more but I'm very new at reading Tarot and lack much experience. Of course, it all depends on where the cards are in relation to other cards in the spread; it's all relative.

Thank you for the well-wishes, at least we'll have some "fun" trying in the very near future.

nisaba

I don't find there's a hard and fast rule or card or set of cards for predicting pregnancy. Any combination you can mention, I'll bet I've had on the table for a man, or a woman well past childbearing age.

Tarot can predict periods of growth, fecundity, creativity. That could manifest in the world as artistic creativity, growth-spurts at work, or pregnancy, or even any number of other ways. I'd really mention the probability of growth and new creation, and let the client draw their own conclusions. If pregnancy is relevant, they'll come up with it themselves, even the need to guard against it.