Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 19 - #19

purple_scorp

Hey mooncat,

your bubbles in the air somehow remind me of the 7 cups in a Tarot deck....only there's four bubbles, not seven.

Makes me think of choices - which brings me back to what I was saying about my magic carpet and choosing to stay in the city, or to be beamed up for greater horizons.

Love the gentle breeze of that woman's breath!

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

Hi mooncat2,

Beautiful image! I love bubbles!! Is that a dragonfly within the triangle (trinity)? Hmm dragonflies definitely tell us change is coming!! In your picture I see a wish, a dream that is being released to the Higher Mind.

Medicine Cards
Dragonfly...
Break illusions,
Brings visions of power,
No need to prove it,
Now is the hour!

Know it, believe it,
Great Spirit intercedes.

Feeding you blessing you
Filling all your needs.

Oh darn! I slept in this morning! I'd like to comment more on your wonderful picture....it'll have to wait......I will share more with you to night!!

tink :love:

P.S. Loved your childhood 'magic carpet'.......and your ranting spoke many truths!

tink27

Hi mooncat2,

I've been musing over your picture and had some thoughts to share with you and the others. Is this woman 'going it alone"?....maybe, because where she lives or people she's connected to are in a form of stasis......or resistant to the new, the progressive, and the different? This can set up roadblocks for us and also if we're willing a challening course!

This woman is a dynamo of positive energy. But I also know what it means to be too optimistic.....we cannot be naive and believe negativity doesn't exist, because unfortunately indeed it does. A problem must be accepted as a problem, our the solution we seek, may never be found.

Dreams and visions are a unqiue way to help us with new insights and solutions to deal with everyday problems. As I say this I can envision you as child playing and pretending on your magic carpet......something we can do now as adults, which we call daydreaming.

Dragonflies have unique irridescent coloring. So too do bubbles....they reflect all the colors surrounding them. The first two bubbles may reflect a crisis in this industrial city.....they may also reflect how we relax by taking deep long breaths and blowing stress out. The third bubble (the magical three) has the dragonfly 'stitched in to the fabric' of our 1st and 2nd chakras, red and orange. Through the breath, it is the spirit that animates matter and inspires our souls to invigorate Spirit.

mooncat2

:) Wonderful thoughts, purple_scorp & tink.............I'm finding this a very complex symbol to work with.

When I tried to 'see' this as a person I found many possibilities.........the extremes are obvious but I feel purple_scorps.....
Makes me think of choices - which brings me back to what I was saying about my magic carpet and choosing to stay in the city, or to be beamed up for greater horizons.
......comment shows the balance we have to aim for. Being able to listen to our inner self, recognise our need and take the necessary action.

The number 19 reflects the extremes............the first and last of the numbers.It's considered a karmic number with lessons and challenges that "make us stand on our own two feet" which I would interpret as standing tall in our own truth. The integrity associated with 9 which, like the iridescent colours in the bubbles and the dragonfly, contains the energies and colours of all the previous numbers.

The symbol in the bubble insisted on being included although I didn't understand exactly what it meant and had to go searching.......information from Numerology for the New Age by Lynn Buess.

The red circle is the ONE...........the self before awakening.

The triangle has three points..........the two at the top are the yang/Father/Will and the yin, Mother, Inner Wisdom.
The TWO brings the Self to a receptive state of development.......an awakening of soul awareness.

In the THREE is the integrating of spiritual and material realms and the uniting and balancing of the yin/yang to bring forth new life and creative expression.
Dragonflies have unique irridescent coloring. So too do bubbles....they reflect all the colors surrounding them. The first two bubbles may reflect a crisis in this industrial city.....they may also reflect how we relax by taking deep long breaths and blowing stress out. The third bubble (the magical three) has the dragonfly 'stitched in to the fabric' of our 1st and 2nd chakras, red and orange. Through the breath, it is the spirit that animates matter and inspires our souls to invigorate Spirit.
:D This is a much nicer way of expressing that.
Is this woman 'going it alone"?....
I was told always to remember that the Souls journey was essentially a lone one...........so I guess in that sense she is. We all are because we're all unique and have our own lessons and challenges to meet but not 'alone'. I think the more we progress the more connected we feel to others........more willing to reach out.
The moment in life when we feel the truth of " ........a spiritual being having a material experience' is transforming. We become the magic carpet and will always be able look at our lives from this spiritual perspective. Like this woman we live and breath in the material world but with our eyes focused above it.

Looking at the progression 1-10-19 ........at its most positive this person has reached a time when she can confidently express herself...........the bubbles become the manifestation of self expression........showing her true colours.

:love:

tink27

The magic carpet has always been there, continually flowing towards us.....all we need to do is reach out and up (purple_scorp's beam me up Scotty) to it with our intent, our desire and our enthusiasm. Oh and don't forget to add faith and hope to make the threads of your magic carpet even more potent!!

When we take these three forces to a higher level (mooncat2's bubbles), we not only grow in self-awareness, we are at One with ourselves and One with the Universe. Like the starship Enterprise we are able to hover above that which has held us back from our desires. And in so doing we consciously or unconscously beam this energy to others.

mooncat2 said:
The number 19 reflects the extremes............the first and last of the numbers.It's considered a karmic number with lessons and challenges that "make us stand on our own two feet" which I would interpret as standing tall in our own truth. The integrity associated with 9 which, like the iridescent colours in the bubbles and the dragonfly, contains the energies and colours of all the previous numbers.

Yes, I see 19's as having experienced every form, color, creed, gender, and walk of life. Deep in their soul, they know that they are here to finish unresolved issues of the past, so that they are able to move through 1 + 9 = 10!

Without awareness of the Self, we end up traveling a labyrinth of twisted paths and endless passages choked with binding webs and dense matter. We end up being governed by the past traditions and conditions of society and not guided by the Truth of One's own making.

huredriel

Panorama from wikipedia:

an unbroken view of an entire surrounding area
a picture or series of pictures representing a continuous scene
(figurative) a comprehensive survey

In its most general sense, a panorama is any wide view of a physical space. It has also come to refer to a wide-angle representation of such a view — whether in painting, drawing, photography, film/video, or a three-dimensional model. Further, the motion-picture term, pan or panning, is derived from "panorama".

Panoramic photography soon came to displace painting as the most common method for creating wide views. Not long after the introduction of the Daguerreotype in 1839, photographers began assembling multiple images of a view into a single wide image. In the late 19th century, panoramic cameras using curved film holders employed clockwork drives to scan a line image in an arc to create an image over almost 180 degrees. Digital photography of the late twentieth century greatly simplified this assembly process, which is now known as image stitching.

I find this quite interesting when viewed next to Aries 15 ...... weaving the blanket of our own perceptions?

huredriel

Some thoughts, although I think they're a bit all over the place as just typing as I wrote:

19 of the Sun, 1 Magician by the side of the 9 Hermit .... walking (or flying) the path of the self towards greater knowledge, truth, clarity & purpose of self. A soul's lesson. Finding the balance between the self and the all, the self and society.

The title gives the feeling of light above, darkness below, makes me think of rainbows & greyness ....... almost complete opposites.

Dreams vs reality
Hope vs hopelessness
Love vs fear
Attachment vs detachment
Chains vs freedom

The first thing that this symbol makes me feel is actually a question .... how do I clamber onto this magic carpet .... especially if it's suspended in the air above me! Whereabouts is it, especially when I can't see it physically in front of me ...... and is it big enough to hold me and the things I need to take with me ....... how do I make it fly? What if others are grasping at the edges, keeping it from soaring upwards? Do I really want to isolate myself from others? How guilty would I feel leaving them behind in the darkness below?

Another thought ........ hope ....... to keep dreams alive, not get bogged down in the day to day routines ...... which leads me to ask, what makes you smile? What brings joy to your life each and every day? What do you do to help make this happen? Do you focus on positivity or negativity? Which one actually manifests? Do you take even 5 minutes out of one day to focus on something that makes your heart sing and lifts you out of the darkness?

With this being a carpet, how is this linked into Aries 15? Could this magic carpet be one that covers the whole world? Could each one of us be weaving away ...... creating our own individual *square* ...... and if so, how do we connect our squares to others, so that it is big enough?

Could this also be a spiritual mountain? One where we need to make our way from the bottom to the dark, from darkness to light ...... the base self up to the higher self ..... contacting, connecting with that part of ourselves that normal routine & everyday life has severed the connection cord?

Industrial makes me think of factories, mechanisation ..... technology ........ iron, heaviness, production ....... is it that we can't see the wood for the trees ......... is that what makes is so dark and depressing? Do we need to wake up and look at our lives from a more panoramic view .... count our blessings as it were?

This also makes me think of the air ....... industrialised areas churn out pollution, create smog ....... hard to breathe, to see ........ can this also be applied to our mental perceptions etc ........ do we have polluted minds? Do we need to clear them before we can step onto that magic carpet or is it the other way around - by stepping onto or grabbing hold of our carpet, will it help to whisk us away somewhere without pollution?

Cities, towns ........ hustle and bustle ...... the me, me, me ..... routine, get up, go to work, get home, cook, eat, shower, sleep, get up, go to work ........ monotonous, laborious (unless you have a job you love) ....... working for the necessities we think we need (well the majority we actually do ;)) .... materialism ....... is this the divide between our materiality and spirituality?

The magic carpet isn't going anywhere at present ...... it's there *hovering* ........ waiting for us to get up on it. A viewpoint perhaps of the grass is always greener, or is it instead the point of how we hope & dream, yet never actually do anything about it ...... the opportunity is there for the taking, if only we could be bold enough to actually just do it?

huredriel

The title also makes me think of Aladdin. Some links:

http://www.worldwideschool.com/library/books/youth/classic/AladdinandtheWonderfulLamp/Chap1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin
The theme of a trickster being outwitted by another trickster of lowly birth is a widespread motif in fables.

One Jungian view of the story of Aladdin would hold it as a classic example of a "rags-to-riches" story. This type of story presents in three parts: from lowly beginnings, a protagonist achieves an initial success in life, traverses a major crisis in which all seems lost, and finally triumphs over adversity to achieve more stable and enduring success. This final success is only possible because the hero has learned a degree of inner maturity by going through the crisis. Aladdin's first success came too easily and was not based on his own efforts, but the genie's who helped him; his despair at losing the princess and the palace to the evil sorcerer takes him to a spiritual place at which he needs to arrive before he can develop true strength and wholeness by making his own efforts to succeed. The wholeness he finally achieves is symbolized by the re-establishment of the relationship with the princess. Under this view, one of the reasons for the enduring interest of the Aladdin story lies in our often unconscious recognition of the importance of its underlying meaning. We recognize our own struggles to grow and develop in Aladdin's journey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin_(1992_film)

huredriel

MCSea said:
Neural pathways serve to connect relatively distant areas of the brain or nervous system, compared to the local communication of grey matter-from wilipedia
This makes me think of lots of little sparkles ...... all lighting up different areas of the brain ...... setting off a stream of motion ...... that's the wrong word, but you know what I mean ....... little ripples that extend outwards ..... almost like the Sun's illumination onto gently moving water.

tink27 said:
Perhaps with all that has been happening in our world of late is the earth's energy ripping open to allow the flow of repressed and blocked energies to help humankind balance itself.
Tink, this makes me think of kundalini, and the rainbow serpent again :)

tink27 said:
Hmm, the tractor beam is our invisible cord that unites us with the flying carpet.
I'm sure I read somewhere, that we all have a silver cord ..... and it links/connects our physical form with that of the etheric & soul ....... that when we die on this physical level, the cord then gathers up what it needs to, before ascending upward to wherever we're supposed to go.

tink27

Hi Huredriel!

Wow! I've enjoyed reading your intuitive thoughts and perceptions on this symbol. I had to read it from the beginning to reconnect with it again.

On your thoughts here...

huredriel said:
Tink, this makes me think of kundalini, and the rainbow serpent again :)

I'm sure I read somewhere, that we all have a silver cord ..... and it links/connects our physical form with that of the etheric & soul ....... that when we die on this physical level, the cord then gathers up what it needs to, before ascending upward to wherever we're supposed to go.

Hmm, yes kundalini, rainbow serpent.....rainbow bridge, also known by esoterics as the Antakarana.

This site helps to simplify it......and reminds me of your many discussions on the spider and its web.

http://www.adonim.com/articles/antakaranaBridge.html

The antakarana is like a spiritual filament of light that is built like a spider builds his web. This thread is spun by the disciple in life after life, and it is only that which is of a spiritual vibration that can energize it. The consciousness cord contains the mental qualities from the soul. The antakarana is constructed of only spiritual/mental qualities from the soul.

It was purple_scorp's 'beam me up scotty' that made me think of the tractor beam.

We are a physical expression of the earth. And right now our earth is not a pretty picture. We have, in the last oh maybe 50 years, worked hard at becoming self reliant and self sufficient, but in that process we‘ve been digging our own graves in the day to day struggle of survival. We have separated ourselves from the healing power of the universe and of nature, living in a created world of chemical pollutants and poisons that even our most sophisticated technologists are having trouble undoing. If our planet dying then we are too.

Because this is Aries....the beginning. I see a soul that has been restricted and prevented from expressing itself in a very limited and alien body. The chakras, the serpent the antakarana are there for our soul to find its way on a vibrational scale to its magic carpet.

Have you ever made a candle with crystals or talismans in it? You melted the wax and slowly poured it into the mold.....the stone descended into the wax which surrounded and encased this lucky charm. Our bodies are like the wax, the stone, like the soul. When we light the candle (hope I know where I'm going with this) the flame not only acts as a transformer, it reaches from deep within the most dense part of the candle, allowing the magic you embedded within it to rise and connect with higher subtler energies.

Our perceptions are limited by our five senses.......we see and hear a limited range of different frequencies of color and sound. But when we awaken our spirit, our intuition within we begin to experience colors and sounds of the astral realm. Ever watch a candle lit at night.....it creates a gorgeous play of light and shadow.

tink :love