Harsh Truths Spread

Luminessence

I developed this spread as a way to get clear and objective information about situations, to keep the cards from simply telling me what I want to hear, and to clearly differentiate hopes, fears, and the truth. I gave myself a reading with it, and I found it very useful. It revealed a couple of attitudes I held that I wasn't consciously aware of before then. The reading I got with the spread seemed straight out of left field at first - I got the Star in position 2, the Ace of Cups in position 5, and the 10 of Swords in position 4 - but after thinking about the cards some more, I found that it all fit.

Harsh Truths Spread
1. What you want to see/believe
2. What you don't want to see/believe
3. What is true
4. What you want to happen
5. What you don't want to happen
6. What will happen

1*3*2
4*6*5

If the spread shows an outcome that you don't like, or an attitude that you'd like to change, you can draw an additional card asking how you can change that attitude or outcome. You can do this for as many positions in the spread as you'd like.

Centaur

Nice spread L. I really like it. There is a situation in my life at the moment I think would be very well suited to this spread. Thanks for sharing.

Kahlie

Thanks a lot for this Spread.

I did it for myself and another person. (And our readings mirrored each other again)

It was really helpful.

Aura Wolf

Now THAT is a good idea.

lunakasha

GREAT spread!!!

Exactly what I was looking for....thanks!!!

:D Luna

lionette

One I definitely need to try right now!!

thanks

Kittaine

You should've come up with this spread earlier! It would've been a life-saver a month ago! Oh well. :p

...Just teasin'! ;) I'm jotting this spread down, will definitely be using it one day. :)

Thanks for sharing this with us! :D

katie_here

Lionette's quotation

lionette said:
Where should I stand for the best view of reality?"
-Ashleigh Brilliant

I think that should be the name of the Spread!!

katie_here

Interesting Spread!

and interesting cards it threw up.

Out of the six cards I got 3 10's. (is there any significance in that?)

1... 10 P
2... 10 W
3... 4 S
4.... 7 S
5....A S
6.... 10 H (hearts/cups)

glad that one turned out at the outcome point. :)

SilverWing

Thanks for posting this spread. It's just what I need.