Tarot Cielo by Kat Black

retrokat

magpie9 said:
I vote for Anne Bolin as Queen of Swords!

I like a challenge... how's this for a first try?

Attachments

• tarotcieloswordsqueendraft.gif
    tarotcieloswordsqueendraft.gif
    83.2 KB · Views: 367

magpie9

retrokat said:
I like a challenge... how's this for a first try?
It's very good---but isn't that ruff out of period? Or have I just not been looking in the correct fashionista generation?

Jewel

Hiya Kat and congratulations on the marriage!

The QofW is my significator also (when I use one), and I think the second one is definetly more in character for the QofW. The first one could make a really nice Queen of Cups ... just a thought for a good use of her.

I really like the expressions on the faces of the courts you have developed so far as the court cards can be a challenge to read. Easy to read courts are a definite plus, no doubt about it, and makes the deck one that can be easily used by beginners and experienced readers alike. Look forward to the release of the Tarot Cielo.

karacol

retrokat said:
My new deck will be called Tarot Cielo, which means "Tarot of the Sky", "Tarot of the Air" or "Tarot of the Heavens". I'll let you decide which translation you prefer.

It also means Tarot of the Ceiling, but that doesn't sound as cool. Sounds like it might be leaky. ;)

HearthCricket

I am a huge fan of the Tudor history so I love your new card! Nicely done. I can't wait for this deck. I have been looking for something just like it, to no avail.

Question. What does Cielo mean? So far I have google and yahoo-ed sky, mirror, heaven...

Oops...nevermind! It just got answered a minute ago!!

Clau

I vote for Tarot Cielo. ;)

retrokat

magpie9 said:
It's very good---but isn't that ruff out of period? Or have I just not been looking in the correct fashionista generation?

lol... sort of. About a hundred years. And no doubt the English and Dutch courts had very different fashion senses, too.

I know I'll probably get slated by the re-enactor purist types, but considering how limited the number of available images are (I think I used about 2000 images for Golden, which is a pretty high % of existing paintings from the 2 centuries in my target range) I think I need to be making mongrels. It's hard enough to get paintings with the head at the right angle etc without having to match fashions that often last just a few years.

I feel a bit bad that I cut off Anne Boleyn's head a second time - although at least I stuck it back on a new body :p

magpie9

retrokat said:
I feel a bit bad that I cut off Anne Boleyn's head a second time - although at least I stuck it back on a new body :p
Don't feel bad, she looks perfectly happy with her new body and sumptuous new outfit, and giving her a new body is more than most have given her from that day to this. BTW, really good portrait of her, too.
Are we to assume that that beauteous bouncing brat of a boy, AKA Henry VIII, will appear as King of Swords? Or would that be King of Cups??? Hmmmm............how's that song go.....looking for love in all the wrong places.....?

HearthCricket

retrokat said:

Don't feel bad. Remember, she boasted on her way to the block that she had "a little neck". :eek:

Moonboy

just one question, Kat...

why are you not going with US games this time?