View Single Post
Citizen

crazy raven 

Hi Julie,

I read your thread with great interest and do believe that the archetypical Aries definitely takes pride at being on Earth and proud of his drive and creativity to fulfill his desires.

Carl Jung or Jungian psychology chose 7 basic archetypes to help us symbolically understand their nature. As I read through them and tried to find a symbol to fit the Maat Emperor, I couldnít. I saw each one in him!

The Archetype: Self
Characteristics: Ego, individual
Symbols in Nature: Home environment; complete meadow, forest or habitat; individual trees, plants. Totems; seeds; eggs; outdoor temples.

The Archetype: Feminine
Characteristics: Mothering; birth; beauty; receptivity; acceptance; creative/intuitive.
Symbols in Nature: Cave; holes in trees; tunnels; blossoming plants; archways, bushes, nests: eggs: pods, ponds and lakes; night; moon; water; female plants and animals.

The Archetype: Masculine
Characteristics: Fathering; initiating; organizing; fertilizing.
Symbols in Nature: Seeds; pollination; tall trees; sun; stems; fire; mountains; daytime; male plants and animals.

The Archetype: Heroic
Characteristics: Facing difficulties; overcoming; healing.
Symbols in Nature: Healing plants and herbs; immature plants and animals; storms; annual plants; new growth; survival adaptation; struggling plant growth.

The Archetype: Adversary
Characteristics: Agent of change; unexpected; tearing down; obstacles.
Symbols in Nature: Stinging and thorny plants; storms; overgrown areas; swamps; natural disasters; erosion; struggling plant growth.

The Archetype: Death/Rebirth
Characteristics: Ending and beginnings; sacrifice; crises; new life.
Symbols in Nature: Marshlands; seasonal cycles; perennial plants; bogs; environmental changes; border areas; natural intersections.

The Archetype: Journey
Characteristics: Movement; development, aging.
Symbols in Nature: Pathways; hills and mountains; rivers and streams; deer trails; wind; growth; perennials.

I love the ĎEmperor in this card, especially his Ďramí horns. But I didnít see anything written on these in your text and they are such a predominant feature of his. Not only do they stimulate him mentally, they also help him to defend himself. As well the spiraling effect of his horns could be a symbol of the imagination, of inspiration and great creativity. Iíve also read that these horns can sometimes be connected to lunar deities.

From the look of him, his eyesight sees far and are sharply focused. Iím sure all his senses well developed. He remains steadfast to his own choices even if it means he could be rejected from others. Itís as if he demands that we develop the courage to stand alone and abide by our own decisions and judgments. What we see gathered around him is his creation with the aid of the Empress and the High Priestess. Or perhaps this is a sacred site of great power for him. A place to reenergize and realign his connection to earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan
When a man decides to do something he must go all the way, but he must take responsibility for what he does. No matter what he does, he must know first why he is doing it, and then he must proceed with his actions without having doubts or remorse about them.....

I have no doubts or remorse. Everything I do is my decision and my responsibility. The simplest thing I do, to take you for a walk in the desert for instance, may very well mean my death. Death is stalking me. Therefore, I have no room for doubts or remorse. If I have to die as a result of taking you for a walk, then I must die.

You on the other hand, feel that you are immortal, and the decisions of an immortal man can be cancelled or regretted or doubted. In a world where death is the hunter, my friend, there is not time for regrets or doubts. There is only time for decisions.
Top   #4