10 of wands as feelings

Ethereal

i know 10 of wand represents burdens and oppressions, but how would one read it in regards to another's feelings for someone? especially after a bad break up; when they were the one who got left behind. cups are more emotions, so wands as feelings has me a bit confused. especially if other surrounding cards were good cards. would 10 of wands as feelings still be like someone, carrying the weight of the relationship on them? such as a feeling of burden?

smerlinda

so the couple has broke up and the ten of wands stands for the feeling of who has been left behind -
if that is the situation, the ten of wands more likely means as you say the sorrow for being left alone (maybe there are children involved or a mortgage for the house or whatever that makes the sorrow also very heavy not only about emotion) -
in instead the ten of wands stands for the feeling of who has decided to break up it maybe means that they had a reason for breaking up, that the decision was not without fear and sorrow or even that they maybe think to get back over their steps and so you need a clarification card -
by the way to me the ten of wands has a meaning of suffering because of others -

Ethereal

i agree with suffering for the one left behind. looking at the rider-waite deck, that poor man with those 10 wands on his back sure is carrying that heavy load; and alone. thanks for responding!

Scibility

just a few thoughts that might apply? You would have to relate them back to the other cards in your spread, but maybe these could work? In the upright position:

1) feeling blinded or consumed by his feelings and unable to see beyond the struggles
2) feeling like the weight of the situation was on him
3) feeling like he's struggling to move forward / move on
4) feeling like he's carrying the responsibility of what happened on his shoulders
5) feeling like he was the only one moving the relationship forward

Maybe look at the image on the card you have, and imagine what emotion would accompany the action of the person in the image.

Hope that helps!

PAMUYA

Feelings with the 10 of Wands: A loss of ego and a loss of the strength of the wands itself, loss of passion. Out of this will come lessons, once they crawl out from the burens of the wands: currently the weight of these wands are holding them down, stressing them out.

canid

so the couple has broke up and the ten of wands stands for the feeling of who has been left behind -
if that is the situation, the ten of wands more likely means as you say the sorrow for being left alone (maybe there are children involved or a mortgage for the house or whatever that makes the sorrow also very heavy not only about emotion) -
in instead the ten of wands stands for the feeling of who has decided to break up it maybe means that they had a reason for breaking up, that the decision was not without fear and sorrow or even that they maybe think to get back over their steps and so you need a clarification card -
by the way to me the ten of wands has a meaning of suffering because of others -

I agree, plus the possible added weight of the whole village left on their shoulders. Because this card can often mean taking care of not only your immediate circle, but the entire village. How hard is that?! Did the breakup involve others? Or does this person perhaps worry of others' happiness in place of their own?

Ethereal

loss of passion, ego and strength. thanks for those. i can so see this in this situation. i never would have seen the ego thing. yes, i do believe this person does often care more about others happiness in place of their own. have to jot these down. thanks for the help!

Ethereal

opps, sorry scibility! i meant to include feedback to you, too. every single suggestion that you wrote made total sense to me in this particular situation. something else i never would have thought of. all in all, everyones take on this made so much sense, and helped me understand this card in a better perspective. journal-worthy! thank you all!

SunChariot

i know 10 of wand represents burdens and oppressions, but how would one read it in regards to another's feelings for someone? especially after a bad break up; when they were the one who got left behind. cups are more emotions, so wands as feelings has me a bit confused. especially if other surrounding cards were good cards. would 10 of wands as feelings still be like someone, carrying the weight of the relationship on them? such as a feeling of burden?

There are many many ways to read. The 10 of Wands has nothing at all to do with burdens or oppression for me. It is simply: Wands are either about creating something and or passion. And the 10's represent the most of the element of the suit it is possible to have, 10's being the highest number of the Minors before we go on to the Courts.

So, in essense, the 10 or Wand for me (in regards to someone's feelings for someone woudl be either saying that they feel the most.deepest passionate feelings they could feel. OR that they feel they want to create the most they can/the deepest relationship and connection that they can with the other person.

Those are my meanings for it anyway, The card has nothing at all to do with oppression or burdens to me.

Babs

Ethereal

interesting, sun chariot. another way of looking at this. so, even after a break up, say the person would still have deep passionate feelings for the other? i think this is what i am getting, here. like, they still feel this? again, very interesting take on the 10 of wands. thank you!