King of Wands RX for a person or situation

Milfoil

This card came up as a daily draw so it's impossible to say whether it is a person or a situation.

The Greenwood King of Wands is a pair of writhing serpents and a wand (shown here at top left)

As a reversal, I don't know how it got into my deck, since I don't work with reversals with this deck!!!!

However, am I right in thinking that as a person, this would be someone who, though forceful and dynamic, a worker or leader of some kind, they are, when RX, either forced to accept a back seat, unable to work or even someone who uses their abilities in negative ways to intimidate?

As a situation, could this possibly be a diminishing of that potent energy or force, a grounding or turning a highly charged situation on it's head?

Any comments or insight would be most welcome. :)

Thirteen

Milfoil said:
The Greenwood King of Wands is a pair of writhing serpents and a wand
Impossible for me to see a pair of serpents and not think caduceus. The wand of Mercury. Now in the U.S. that was mistaken for the Staff of Aesculapius (a single snake about a staff) which stood for physicians. So even though it's a mistake, if you're from the U.S. I'd take that into consideration as two snakes about a staff, to most of us, signals something to do with health and medicine. How are you feeling? ;)

On the other hand, the caduceus was and still is a symbol of Mercury relating to commerce, but also to an ambassador of the gods, a message of peace (story is Mercury saw to serpents fighting and separated them with his wand of office).

As the King/Cups so understands his emotions that he has use and control of them, so the King/Wands (at least as I'd read it in this deck) so understands human passions that he has use and control of them, both within himself and in manipulating them in other. In the upright position, this would be for peace, focusing the energy of those passions toward creating something.

If the card is reversed, I'd worry that the passions are being focused toward war or destruction. Obviously, as a daily draw this isn't likely to be so dire, but I'd watch out for anyone with charisma and command who might use his own passions or ferment those of others in a negative way, or a situation where passions seem to be going negative. The energy is either blocked or opposite to what it should be.

starrystarrynight

Milfoil said:
However, am I right in thinking that as a person, this would be someone who, though forceful and dynamic, a worker or leader of some kind, they are, when RX, either forced to accept a back seat, unable to work or even someone who uses their abilities in negative ways to intimidate?

As a situation, could this possibly be a diminishing of that potent energy or force, a grounding or turning a highly charged situation on it's head?
Of course, it could be a diminishing of that potent energy...but because the King is the master of Wands--of passion, will, energy, ego, enterprise, etc--I would think "he" is too forceful to merely be blocked or delayed, as many reversals indicate. In this case, my first thought is that this king is still a "doer", so when reversed, he would still show evidence of pro-activity. Therefore, tyranny or the "my way or the highway" stance may be more evident than this energy being forced into the back seat while someone else drives. So, as you said, even if he is forced into the back seat, he is going to do something [probably negative to the ideal of leadership] to regain control of the wheel.

Edited to add:

As Thirteen said, it's hard not to see a caduceus on that card...so, yeah, how are you feeling? Maybe it's time to be proactive on your health front--or that of someone close to you.

Milfoil

This does make some sense but I think it may be in the background rather than what is obvious today.

We have a situation with another person which is difficult so I had hoped that our offer would calm this down, the card, however, suggests otherwise perhaps.

Have to wait and see if that's what it meant I guess.

Thank you for your insight Thirteen. :)

Milfoil

starrystarrynight said:
Of course, it could be a diminishing of that potent energy...but because the King is the master of Wands--of passion, will, energy, ego, enterprise, etc--I would think "he" is too forceful to merely be blocked or delayed, as many reversals indicate. In this case, my first thought is that this king is still a "doer", so when reversed, he would still show evidence of pro-activity. Therefore, tyranny or the "my way or the highway" stance may be more evident than this energy being forced into the back seat while someone else drives. So, as you said, even if he is forced into the back seat, he is going to do something [probably negative to the ideal of leadership] to regain control of the wheel.

That sounds exactly like him. Ugh! We've already had to deal with theft, dirty dealings and damage to property. I hoped he could be normal and balanced but clearly not. Either way, he can hop about all he likes, it doesn't change anything.

starrystarrynight

We cross-posted. I would just add, after reading your post, Millie, that you take care to watch your back...

Edited to add;

and we crossed again. :D

WalesWoman

I was thinking that reversed the fire energy might be misdirected, smoldering rather than blazing brightly. Holding onto resentments and focusing on slights, when things don't go their way, subversive, unhealthy ... wanting their way no matter what is in their way and worst, not caring who they step on to get it.

I see Wands as ego, and reversed an egomaniac, it's all about them and their perceptions which may have nothing to do with the reality of their surroundings and circumstances.

Milfoil

WalesWoman said:
I was thinking that reversed the fire energy might be misdirected, smoldering rather than blazing brightly. Holding onto resentments and focusing on slights, when things don't go their way, subversive, unhealthy ... wanting their way no matter what is in their way and worst, not caring who they step on to get it.

I see Wands as ego, and reversed an egomaniac, it's all about them and their perceptions which may have nothing to do with the reality of their surroundings and circumstances.

IF, this pertains to him, then yes, that sounds like him completely. No amount of reasoning or demonstrating fairness makes an impact. If it pertains to ME, then (I hope not) and can't see it really. If it pertains to the situation, then possibly the smouldering and blocked, ie hiatus while he and his solicitor chew over our offer we made which is more than we have proved he deserves but less than he wants.

Cheers for the input.