Moontime spread

DeLani

This is a spread I've been working on for a while --- I ended up just going with my first instinct. What a concept.
Anyway, I envisioned it while on my moontime, as a spread for a woman to use during her moontime, when Nature is urging her to look deeper, slow down, listen to the inner voice. But, of course, anyone can use it anytime they like!
Here it is (the actual placement of the cards isn't that important, I suppose):

1 2 3
6 5 4

1. What you are releasing
2. What you are keeping
3. What you are receiving
4. How the outside world will effect you
5. What you will give to others
6. What you will begin
7. The lesson you need to learn

Tell me how it works for you. Suggestions are welcome of course!

Tarotist

I tried your spread and it worked very well. To summarize the reading I got it described a new period of activity in a fertile period with sudden changes and positive events. Interesting.

The Tarotist

Trogon

DeLani... please forgive me for being a rather dense example of the male of the species... but what is meant by "moontime"?

DeLani

Trogon said:
DeLani... please forgive me for being a rather dense example of the male of the species... but what is meant by "moontime"?
Menses - the menstrual period. I was trying to be 'delicate' with my words. I suppose it's always best to be direct!
Sorry!

Trogon

Ah! Yes, that does clear things up for me... thanks! ;) No need to be worried about being direct with me... after 25 years of marriage (to the same woman, btw) along with 17 years in law enforcement... I'm pretty hard to embarrass. Unless I do it myself, of course... :D Still, I suppose one does have to take into consideration the fact that others might be embarrassed...

Myrrha

DeLani thank you for sharing this, it is a beautiful introspective spread, can't wait to try it. As I get older and realize there may not be that many "moontimes" left I appreciate them more and more!

-------------
Myrrha

magipixie

I really like this spread, thank you so much. I just finished reading a book that focused alot on ways for women to reconnect their cycles to the moon and this spread wil definantly be helpful!
Blessed Be, Pixie

Myrrha

That sounds interesting, what book is that?

magipixie said:
I really like this spread, thank you so much. I just finished reading a book that focused alot on ways for women to reconnect their cycles to the moon and this spread wil definantly be helpful!
Blessed Be, Pixie

Kirali

Thanks DeLani for posting this! I used this spread and it worked wonderfully. For position 3, I got 6 of pentacles which was true! My family was being nice and generous because I wasn't feeling well. It really is a great spread, which I will probably use every Moontime. :)

Thanks again

Alex

How nice of a spread, I'll try it out next time. There's a tribe of indians in Brazil (we still don't use "native Brazilians" but might eventually get there) who grant the women a week of rest and relative isolation from the rest of the tribe when they are having their "moontime".
Unfortunately I can't ask my boss for a 4 day leave each month, so I'll try out the spread.

Alex.

DeLani said:

Anyway, I envisioned it while on my moontime, as a spread for a woman to use during her moontime, when Nature is urging her to look deeper, slow down, listen to the inner voice. But, of course, anyone can use it anytime they like!
Here it is (the actual placement of the cards isn't that important, I suppose):