High Priestess for feelings

cabrielle

I'm a novice to reading Tarot. These days I check up on this guy I've had something with (who currently lives overseas) with the cards. The High Priestess turned up more than once when I asked how does he feel about me. What would you guys say it means? Thanks a lot.

p.s. I usually just do one card readings.

Grizabella

Well, if it's a one-card reading, then I think it needs to be in the Your Readings section. It's confusing to know where something like this goes, isn't it? :) If you're doing a one-card reading, you'll get better help there, possibly.

Just to be safe, why don't you tell us what you think it means and then we'll be safer in helping you with what we think?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

If the discussion is to focus on general meanings of the High Priestess for feelings, then UTC is the correct forum for the discussion. If the discussion is to focus on meanings of the High Priestess that are specific to a particular situation, then the discussion needs to occur in Your Readings.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

nisaba

I'm thinking it could indicate one of two things, depending on the situation: either "I'm not going to give you an answer, use your intuition", or "you are untouchable to him, something he cannot defile".

SunChariot

cabrielle said:
I'm a novice to reading Tarot. These days I check up on this guy I've had something with (who currently lives overseas) with the cards. The High Priestess turned up more than once when I asked how does he feel about me. What would you guys say it means? Thanks a lot.

p.s. I usually just do one card readings.

My take on it is that the card is telling you that he feels intuitive feelings for you. Eg he can look at you and know just what you're thinking, he feels your feelings with you, a deep sense of inner understanding, empathy and just connection.

Babs

SunChariot

Mods, please remove, duplicate post.

Thanks

Babs

Tarot Eon

As a very, very, very, very general rule of thumb - I've often found the High Priestess suggests his feelings would be positive. He would feel a kind of enchantment; a certain idealism.

On the other hand, The High Priestess doesn't really indicate action. Other factors would need to be present.

Areanwen

Well, each deck and the feelings it gives you are always different, but for me, the High Priestess represents reflection, wisdom, intuition, and contentment - she is also very wise in the matters of love, though she does not take action on love herself.

So my thoughts are that he may still have some positive and even romantic feelings for you, but they are not necessarily going to compell him to act on it, as if he is still contemplating. However, he is intiuitivly drawn to you. I aldo think the High Priestess is very peaceful - so I think it's safe to say he does not have feelings of anger against you.

cabrielle

Dear all

I'm new to this forum - I'll make sure I post my question in the right section next time (I've reposted this in 'Your Readings'). Thank you all for your replies though. You're all very kind and thoughtful.

You guys are right there aren't a lot of actions at this point, so I'll see how that goes!

Thanks again.

rwcarter

Per the previous post and the fact that cabrielle has started a thread here in Your Readings on the specific meaning of the card, I am closing this thread.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards