Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

minrice

Kat I have a question. When creating the Touchstone did you manipulate the faces at all, or are they straight from the originals? I am purely curious, something I was wondering as I was looking at my deck today :)

retrokat

Hi Minrice,

I have in some cases amalgamated faces - you can see the sources at http://78friends.com in each card then can look up the originals :)

Troubadour

From the Publisher (Kunati) -- A few boxes of the review copies are in, and about to go out. The finished decks are even more beautiful than I imagined. The box is stunning and will probably last a life-time, and the hinged design (of the "cigar box") is very unique! The cards, of course, are truly magnificent in every way, right down to the most subtle detail. The image reproduction is stunning, as only high quality offset can produce in this level of detail, enrichened by the wonderful gold gilt. Even the reverse side of the cards is rich, almost luminous. With the 200 page book fitting so handily in the tiny box, it's perfect for carrying. My favorite deck by far! (and that's saying a lot in my collection -- as a publisher, I have an excuse to buy almost every deck released).

The main shipment has left the bindery, and it looks like Amazon and retailers will have Touchstone earlier than the release date! Best, Derek Armstrong.

flying black kat

I am so glad to hear that. I cannot wait.

Kathy

MoonGypsy

Oh that is wonderful to news! :thumbsup:

tarotmama

Hi -- I apologize if this has been addressed earlier: will the companion book be available seperately for those of us who couldn't wait and had to order the first edition?

Troubadour

From Kunati, re: the companion book
Hi Tarotmama,
We do hope to release a larger color companion book from Kat in the future, but at the moment we have a 200 page perfect bound book with the boxed set, which is very complete. This set is available very soon (we've received first shipments!). The gilt cards in this boxed set are amazing. A stand alone book--and possibly a stand-alone deck in different formats--would be a later publication. Thank you for asking!

morticia monroe

Oh boy! I'm so excited to see it!

Le Fanu

tarotmama said:
Hi -- I apologize if this has been addressed earlier: will the companion book be available seperately for those of us who couldn't wait and had to order the first edition?

If my memory serves me well from earlier in this thread, I don´t think it will be available separately...