Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

retrokat

Moonboy said:
Congratulations, Kat! I loved the Golden, and this new deck is just as fantastic-if not more!-----and so "personable" and intimate! Best success!!!~Patrick

Thanks so much, Patrick. As you know I also love Deviant Moon, so we're mutual fans :)

Gazel

retrokat said:
You are very right about the two of swords - the feisty girl who told Henry VIII that she'd consider marrying him 'if I had two heads' :p

Yes, that's so funny :eek:).

If anyone has any extra cards, sending them back to Leisa would be the best idea - she is the one dealing with any missing or damaged cards from her small stock of spares, so I'm sure she'd appreciate any additionals as they probably are from someone else's deck.

I've just e-mailed her to get the exact address to return it to.

Love, gazel

Hedera

Well, I caved last night, and ordered it...
fingers crossed it will get here soon!

I'm a big fan of the Golden as well, which is a good solid reading deck with a great sense of humour, but this one looks a bit warmer - Strength, for instance.

I love how 'real' and intimate the people look, and I actually prefer not having a book for it to start with; that way, I can develop my own bond with the individual cards first, and read the designer's ideas about them later.

The same thing happened with the Sakki-Sakki (deck came out one or two years before the book - which is great, btw!) and I still love that deck to bits, and use it a lot.

Still, having read through all of this thread, I haven't seen the 's' word yet: anyone think a study group might be an idea?

jeseryn

Yay! My boyfriend ordered me another copy for my birthday :) So I can tuck one away in case anything happens to my preccccciousssss.

*snoopy dance*

Kimber

All Is One said:
colleen: I got a beautiful black velvet bag with a peacock colored and gold thread piece of braid around the top edge.

No suede for me.

Somehow Leisa and Kat manage to get the right bags to the right people.

Don't forget the nameless Kat's Mum...who stitched them all. :~)

My first deck came in a black velvet bag with gold lining, trim, and cord - perfect for me!! My second deck came in a deep maroon napped fabric, also trimmed in gold and lovely.

faunabay

Yea!!! The mail just came and guess what was there???? MY Touchstone package!!!! :party:

It came in a very soft brown suede bag. I love the bag. And yes it's perfect for me!!! The pendant and pen are beautiful too!!! And the incense smells wonderful too! I love it all!!!

I haven't even opened the deck yet. I'm savoring having it in my little hands!! LOL ..........

OK, couldn't last too long before opening......... :laugh: I just opened it and it's #318/500. I love the size of the cards. And in flipping through the deck strangely enough the card that I really like just on first glance is the Knight of Swords???? That's very uncommon for me. He's not normally I card I even pay that much attention to, but I had an instant connection with this one. (shrug) The funny thing is he almost looks personally familiar to me - even though I don't know anyone that looks like him. :confused:

I can't wait to get to know these characters better!!! :*

All Is One

Congratulations, Faunabay! You are in for such a treat!! I wish I could go back and relive my first weeks with this deck. But I won't forget them....

Kimber said:
My first deck came in a black velvet bag with gold lining, trim, and cord - perfect for me!! My second deck came in a deep maroon napped fabric, also trimmed in gold and lovely.

I described my bag as being of black velvet, with peacock colored braid and gold thread highlights in the braid...

But I left out the fantastic Tudor red lining, which is luxurious to the touch although I have no idea what fabric it is...silk or satin. I'd guess satin.

I want this fabric in this color for the over the top wedding my husband and I are planing for "someday"

I'd make a lovely bride at eight months pregnant, in Tudor red satin, with Boleyn sleeves and all the rest, don't you all think so?

(No, I'm not pregnant yet....but very soon.)

My necklace will have a large gold W on it, for Wild.

I think the peacock and gold accented braid would make a lovely accent for some of the other costumes involved...bridesmaids and such.

Just a fantasy, induced by my tarot bag!

Like everyone earlier said, the tag inside the bag was a super touch.

All Is One

I can order my second copy just after the first of the month. It's one of my many birthday presents to myself.

happyphantom

Hedera said:
Still, having read through all of this thread, I haven't seen the 's' word yet: anyone think a study group might be an idea?

I'd be up for one!

My second deck came in a deep maroon napped fabric, also trimmed in gold and lovely.

Oh, my god. If I buy a second deck, I hope I get one like that! *drools* (I'm a Harry Potter geek, and those are my Hogwarts house colors. LOL.)

faunabay

colleenh86 said:
Oh, my god. If I buy a second deck, I hope I get one like that! *drools* (I'm a Harry Potter geek, and those are my Hogwarts house colors. LOL.)
Maroon and Gold. hmm.....I wonder which house you're in???? Might it start with a G?? })