Thy Will is done.
Here is the Bread.
Here is the Blood.
Bring us through Temptation!
Deliver us from Good and Evil!
That Mine as Thine be the Crown of the Kingdom,
even now.
ABRAHADABRA.
These ten words are four, the Name of the One.

Just a start.

AW

Aeon418

Crowley's commentary on that chapter.
The Book of Lies said:
COMMENTARY (Β)

The “Hawk” referred to is Horus.

The chapter begins with a comment on Liber Legis III, 49.

Those four words, Do What Thou Wilt, are also identified with the four possible modes of conceiving the universe; Horus unites these.

Follows a version of the “Lord’s Prayer”, suitable to Horus. Compare this with the version in Chapter 44. There are ten sections in this prayer, and, as the prayer is attributed to Horus, they are called four, as above explained; but it is only the name of Horus which is fourfold; He himself is One.

This may be compared with the Qabalistic doctrine of the Ten Sephiroth as an expression of Tetragrammaton (1 plus 2 plus 3 plus 4 = 10).

It is now seen that this Hawk is not Solar, but Mercurial; hence the words, the Cry of the Hawk, the essential part of Mercury being his Voice; and the number of the chapter, B, which is Beth the letter of Mercury, the Magus of the Tarot, who has four weapons, and it must be remembered that this card is numbered 1, again connecting all these symbols with the Phallus.

The essential weapon of Mercury is the Caduceus.

NOTE

(3) Fourteen letters. Quid Voles Illud Fac. Q.V.I.F. 196 = 14(squared).
Aleister Crowley said:
The evident interpretation of this is to take the word to be "Do what thou wilt", which is a secret word, because its meaning for every man is his own inmost secret. And it is the most profound blasphemy possible against all 'gods of men', because it makes every man his own God.

We may then take it that this Solar-Phallic Ra-Ha is Each Man Himself. As each independent cell in our bodies is to us, so is each of us to Heru-ra-ha. Each man's 'child'-consciousness is a Star in the Cosmos of the Sun, as the Sun is a Star in the Cosmos of Nuit.

Aeon418

I note that Jim Eshelman interprets the fourfold word as the tetragrammaton, I.H.V.H. I see no conflict between this and Crowley's interpretation.

Curiously enough III x 49 = 147, the numerical total of the four names used in the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram.

I.H.V.H.(26) + ADNI(65) + AHIH(21) + AGLA(35) = 147.

The verse number (49 = 7 x 7) is the number of squares in the magical square of Venus. There are 14 words in this verse. The 14th path is Daleth - Venus. This may indicate the 'holier place' from which this verse is delivered. Also if 'Do what thou wilt' is the secret word then 'Love is the law.'

Crowley's mention of the winged Caduceus in conjunction with the path of Daleth(and it's colour, emerald green) makes me think of the opening of Liber Tzaddi.
Liber Tzaddi said:
1. I fly and I alight as an hawk: of mother-of-emerald are my mighty-sweeping wings.
Do the wings of Horus stretch across the path of Daleth?

The phrase 'secret fourfold' is interesting. In Hebrew the word 'secret' is SVD = 70 (the Middle Pillar.) If we add 4 we get 74 which is the reference to both Atu III The Empress and Lamed/Libra (emerald green again.) The Woman justified by the Sword as a symbol of the Middle Pillar intersecting the path of Daleth.
This is verse 194. TzDQ = 194. Righteousness, equity, Justice.

Always Wondering

It is now seen that this Hawk is not Solar, but Mercurial; hence the words, the Cry of the Hawk, the essential part of Mercury being his Voice; and the number of the chapter, B, which is Beth the letter of Mercury, the Magus of the Tarot, who has four weapons, and it must be remembered that this card is numbered 1, again connecting all these symbols with the Phallus.

The essential weapon of Mercury is the Caduceus.

This is a twist I don't understand very well.

AW

Always Wondering

I note that Jim Eshelman interprets the fourfold word as the tetragrammaton, I.H.V.H. I see no conflict between this and Crowley's interpretation.

Curiously enough III x 49 = 147, the numerical total of the four names used in the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram.

I.H.V.H.(26) + ADNI(65) + AHIH(21) + AGLA(35) = 147.

The verse number (49 = 7 x 7) is the number of squares in the magical square of Venus. There are 14 words in this verse. The 14th path is Daleth - Venus. This may indicate the 'holier place' from which this verse is delivered. Also if 'Do what thou wilt' is the secret word then 'Love is the law.'

Crowley's mention of the winged Caduceus in conjunction with the path of Daleth(and it's colour, emerald green) makes me think of the opening of Liber Tzaddi.

Do the wings of Horus stretch across the path of Daleth?

The phrase 'secret fourfold' is interesting. In Hebrew the word 'secret' is SVD = 70 (the Middle Pillar.) If we add 4 we get 74 which is the reference to both Atu III The Empress and Lamed/Libra (emerald green again.) The Woman justified by the Sword as a symbol of the Middle Pillar intersecting the path of Daleth.
This is verse 194. TzDQ = 194. Righteousness, equity, Justice.

So much good stuff on this A'AYIN morning. How fun. But alot to process.

AW

Aeon418

This is a twist I don't understand very well.
Is it the Solar - Mercury thing you don't get? Until you reply I will assume it is because it can be a little confusing until you get your head around it.

In a way the Sun and Mercury are interchangeable because there's a lot of overlap between them. When we think of the Sun as the solar center we also think of the sun as the child and mediator between the father and mother. But this also true of Mercury who mediates between Father-Sulphur and Mother-Salt.
The Sun/Tiphareth is related to the element of Air through the letter Vav. But Mercury also relates to the element of Air.

Consider also how the Solar Christ is also the Word - the Mecurial Logos (Jesus in Greek, ιησους = 888) - in the gospel of John. In the current study verse we appear to be focusing on Horus as the Word.

Look at the Tree of Life. The Middle Pillar is the mediator and child of the two pillars on either side. Usually we would file it away in the solar draw. But in this instance the Middle Pillar is better expressed as a Mercurial idea. Look at page 273 in the Book of Thoth.

Tiphareth - the Sun - connects to eight of the other sephiroth. 8 = Mercury.

Paul Foster Case talks about the interchangeability of the Sun and Mercury, but at the moment I can't remember where. If I do remember I will let you know, although I suspect you have already read it in, Occult Fundamentals.

Always Wondering

Is it the Solar - Mercury thing you don't get? Until you reply I will assume it is because it can be a little confusing until you get your head around it.

Yep.

In a way the Sun and Mercury are interchangeable because there's a lot of overlap between them. When we think of the Sun as the solar center we also think of the sun as the child and mediator between the father and mother. But this also true of Mercury who mediates between Father-Sulphur and Mother-Salt.
The Sun/Tiphareth is related to the element of Air through the letter Vav. But Mercury also relates to the element of Air.

Consider also how the Solar Christ is also the Word - the Mecurial Logos (Jesus in Greek, ιησους = 888) - in the gospel of John. In the current study verse we appear to be focusing on Horus as the Word.

This helps.

Look at the Tree of Life. The Middle Pillar is the mediator and child of the two pillars on either side. Usually we would file it away in the solar draw. But in this instance the Middle Pillar is better expressed as a Mercurial idea. Look at page 273 in the Book of Thoth.

Tiphareth - the Sun - connects to eight of the other sephiroth. 8 = Mercury.

Actually, this explains a lot.

Paul Foster Case talks about the interchangeability of the Sun and Mercury, but at the moment I can't remember where. If I do remember I will let you know, although I suspect you have already read it in, Occult Fundamentals.

I took a quick peek. Lots of little references, like I should of know this already. :laugh: I'll keep looking.

AW

Aeon418

Secret, SVD = 70.

The paths that form the Middle Pillar are the 13th, 25th, and 32nd.
13 + 25 + 32 = 70.

The sum of the numbers of the Sephiroth on the Middle Pillar is 26.*
1 + 6 + 9 + 10 = 26. This is the same numerical value as the fourfold tetragrammaton, I.H.V.H.
(*Atu XV The Devil is attributed to the 26th path. Ayin = 70.)

The sum of the Tarot Trumps attributed to the Middle Pillar is 37. II + XIV + XXI = 37.
37 = IChIDH, Yechidah - the quintessential spark of Godhead within humanity. (The blasphemy against all gods of men?) Do what thou wilt.

The letters on the Middle Pillar, Gimel - Samekh - Tau, total 463.
463 = MTH HShQD, a rod of almond. (Almond is attributed to Kether.)
Also RA HVVR KVIT = 463.
Liber Tzaddi said:
2. I swoop down upon the black earth; and it gladdens into green at my coming.

Aeon418

As has already been mentioned III x 49 = 147.

Verse 147 is III:2.
2. There is division hither homeward; there is a word not known. Spelling is defunct; all is not aught. Beware! Hold! Raise the spell of Ra-Hoor-Khuit!
With the Middle Pillar connection in the current verse it suggests a biblical interpretation of the word 'known' in verse 2. Homeward may indicate the path of Daleth - Atu III The Empress - who ever seeketh Seventy to her Four.

Raise the spell of Ra-Hoor-Khuit! :thumbsup: