Little mad cows...

Skimo

Hello,

I had the idea of a cow tarot, began to work on it a few months ago on paper and lost my work, because I have moved a few times since (may be somewhere in a box... or hidden by a faery...)

Having now a phone with tactile screen and a drawing application, I have decided to work on it again since one week.

The style is childish and colourful. It's intended to be funny and positive. I have tried to stay simple with few symbols, just drawing quickly what I feel about the card. My technique is improving so I may go back on the first cards (but i really like my fool calf as it is...)

8 majors are done today and I wanted to share. See attachment.
I am adding a file every time I finish 8 cards, since I can't add more on this post, look at the next one to see the next ones.

I am usually good at beginning things, bad at finishing them, so posting here is a way to find a little support and motivation, at least if a few likes what I do.

I intend at least to do the majors and print a few copies for myself and friends.

Let's dream a little : if you're publisher and love my work, don't hesitate to contact me ;o)

Have a nice day!

Attachments

• LMC_Majors1.JPG
    LMC_Majors1.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 1,051
  • LMC_Majors2.JPG
    LMC_Majors2.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 863
  • LMC_Majors3.JPG
    LMC_Majors3.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 778
  • LMC_Minors1&2.JPG
    LMC_Minors1&2.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 789
  • CLC_Minors3&4.JPG
    CLC_Minors3&4.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 748

Curtis Penfold

I know this sounds funny, but cute little decks (like this one) scare me a little. It's like, they're taking this serious subject matter and making it seem not so serious. Like when people die in fairy tales.

I think it's a good thing, though. It helps us rethink the cards in a much different context. Perhaps, with the lack of symbols, every symbol starts to mean more. Like the high priestess. The fact that she's meditating, looking inward becomes so important. The fact that the shape of the moon imitates her horns emphasizes "as above, so bellow."

No, I like this a lot.

Amanda

hehe... I like it!

Skimo

There is one cute deck that scares me too so I can understand your point of view.
I have previously been told that the symbols of knowledge and powers were missing on the high priestress card... but i am drawing as I feel, so indeed it's another way to see things...

Thank's a lot both of you for your comments!

Here are the next minors :

Attachments

• CLC_Minors5&6'.JPG
    CLC_Minors5&6'.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 749
  • CLC_Minors7&8.JPG
    CLC_Minors7&8.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 724

CastleCrest

I like it very Much!!!

Alta

It is really is cute and funny. I like it. :)

emmsma

Very cute deck. I'll be watching your progress.

Skimo

Thank you.
Here is the card of the day :

Attachments

• 8 - La Force.jpg
    8 - La Force.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 746

Debra

It's hilarious. I'm smiling as I type this.

Curtis Penfold said:
The fact that the shape of the moon imitates her horns emphasizes "as above, so bellow."

:bugeyed: Curtis Penfold you have a sense of humor! :bugeyed:

Wendywu

I love these!

Echoes Debra :bugeyed: Curtis Penfold .......... :bugeyed: