10 of swords + XXI The World

Alta

How would you interpret these two cards as a pair? I came up with 'suffering leading to a new path in life' but that seems incomplete.

Amanda

Well, to me, the World would dissipate the suffering of the 10. Kind of like... you've reached your limits with something, but in the grander scheme of things, all that you've gone through to reach that point really wasn't as bad as it seemed at the time... you survived it.

MaineGirl117

Sounds harsh, but this is the first impression I got.

Get over it, it's not the end of the world. Tomorrow is a new day.

The 10/swords issue seems a small matter in the 'grand scope of things'.

starrystarrynight

That makes sense to me, Alta. Or maybe--from a slightly different angle--that once the person is able to stop overthinking the situation (Ten of Swords), he will be able to move on to the next phase of it (World.)

Alta

Each of those makes sense. Glad to hear any other thoughts, but I feel that I have a better grasp on this, at first, jarring combination.

xhollysue

I immediately see "stop fighting, surrender, and you will get what you dream of."

SA12

At least in rws, the man depicted in the 10 of Swords has his nearest hand with the fingers in a gesture of blessing; it was awful, but it is not going to get any worse. The World puts an even warmer spin on this -- you've already learned the lessons, so there's an element of mercy and regeneration that I see happening between the two cards. Either way, whatever negativity occurred to merit the 10 of Swords is most assuredly NOT going to happen again -- as long as you move forward with grace.

Hlb9525

How would you interpret these two cards as a pair? I came up with 'suffering leading to a new path in life' but that seems incomplete.

Hmm..

I personally see the 10/swords as "this is rock bottom, it cannot get any worse then it is right now".

I see the "World" as "You have mastered the lessons you needed to learn, now the world is at your feet."

Together, I would read the two cards in the same way. "You have reached rock bottom, it cannot get any worse then it is/has been... BUT.... you have learned the lessons that you needed to learn... and now all those things you've been struggling to reach will be yours"

HB

nisaba

I'd go more to suffering that will, in time, come to a happy ending.