Spread for casting spells.

Statickitten

I am looking for a spread that will tell me the effect of my actions if I cast a particular spell. So I know if the effects of that spell would be for good, or just make things worse. Would anyone happen to have such a spread?

-Static

Little Baron

I know very little about spellwork but I imagine that if you are concerned about the results of this spell, then maybe it is not a good one to try out. I may be wrong but do bad spells return on the caster three-fold?

However, I do not know of a spread, but I am sure one could easily be devised. Maybe you could start with the first card as where you stand with the spell and send it off into two forks, tracking how it would result should you use it and how it would result if things were left to their own accord.

4**********7
*3********6*
**2******5**
*****1******

The 1 would would be where you stand now.
2-3 could be the results of using the spell, the 3 being the outcome.
5-6 could be the results of not using the spell.

Looking at the two lines could determine which course of action would be more favourable. The 4 could indicate whether it is a bad idea or not.

Of course, as I said, I am quite ignorant about this kind of stuff, so hopefully someone who casts spells regularly can help some more.

Best,
LB

Statickitten

The thing is, even with good intentions it doesnt always work out that way.

-Static

Red Emma

Spell speads

A popular one is quite a simple 3-card, issue, advice, outcome. It answers the question, 'what will be the result if I cast the spell I'm considering?' It seems to work for some people.

Okay, it works just fine for me. I usually use Tarot of a Moon Garden, Tarot of the Southwest Sacred Tribes, or the Goddess Tarot.

Best wishes.

HudsonGray

You can always add an extra card with the meaning: What do I need to check to make sure this spell resolves properly? Or What do I need to be particularly aware of so this works right.

Angel Star

I cast spells all the time. In the beginning I used to consult my rune stones. It was quicker and gave very accurate outcomes. What they said was like 90-95% was what ended up happening with the spells. I did not use the tarot too much. I found the runes to be better for me. But that is just me. The tarot just seemed to confuse me in the beginning but then i have been doing spells for 7 yrs now. Now its more intuition. Depending on the type of spell i will consult my rune stones. Other times i will not. Spells can be very personal matters. What works for one will not work for another. Experimenting is the best course. Alot of people are afraid of things going wrong but if the intention is good and you word things right, geez i could write a book on this. You just kind of pick up on things after a while.

Shade

If you realy want to incorporate tarot into it I say start at the begnning and let the cards determine the form of the spell itself. I've done this with the Witchy tarot, it is fairly light and is a mood-setter. Any of the pagan flavored decks would be apropriate but the Witchy tarot has a lot of magical paraphanalia incorporated into it.

Red Emma

Spell spreads

Shade said:
If you realy want to incorporate tarot into it I say start at the begnning and let the cards determine the form of the spell itself.

My mind's a bit thick this morning, could you enlarge on this concept? Exactly how do you go about it?

Shade

Hmm it might help if you pull a card and I can suggest how the card might prescribe a particular magical activity... otherwise it will all sound hypothetical. Also, if you could give just a little background about a partiular need you had been considering working on with a spell.

DeLani

Spellwork spread

Here is a simple spread that I sometimes use before spellwork:
Lay them out in an invoking pentagram, starting from the top:
1. The basis of the spell
2. The motivation (good to make sure your intentions are appropriate)
3. What's on your mind/internal influences
4. External influences
5. Advice
Be sure that you ask the question and include the *time* you wish to do the spell. Because astrological influences, as well as more thought & time, can alter any one of the above.