Tarot of Pirates and Impressionist Tarot

BeyondtheVeil

If you have these decks or one of these decks...please give me your feedback on how they read and how people respond to them.

Also I would be interested in any weird or inappropriate photos/etc as I'm wanting to use these decks to read for public.

I also want to know if you read intuitively and can with one or all of these decks.

The decks are....

Tarot of Pirates
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/pirates/

Impressionist Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/impressionist-tarot/

Thanks in advance for your help! Please only answer if you have actually had one {or all} of these decks and can give first hand opinions on all of the cards in the deck. {Decks if you have more than one of these}.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

willowy

If you have these decks or one of these decks...please give me your feedback on how they read and how people respond to them.

Also I would be interested in any weird or inappropriate photos/etc as I'm wanting to use these decks to read for public.

I also want to know if you read intuitively and can with one or all of these decks.

The decks are....

Tarot of Pirates
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/pirates/

Impressionist Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/impressionist-tarot/

Thanks in advance for your help! Please only answer if you have actually had one {or all} of these decks and can give first hand opinions on all of the cards in the deck. {Decks if you have more than one of these}.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

I have the impressionist tarot,in kit version with book,don't have pirates tarot.
I think impressionist is very under rated-one of those decks that just doesn't seem to get loads of talking about,and in my opinion thats a shame cause I love it.Its beautiful,kind of old fashioned looking artwork,kind of takes you back in time abit with its look and feel.It definitely would be a deck that can be intuitively read,maybe more like an intermediate deck as some images stick close to rider waite but others differ somewhat.I think its good to have the book as it gives some useful info into the cards.Anything more you want to know let me know :)
I must add that I'm not a professional reader,and as yet impressionist has just been for my use,Its read well for me though.

BeyondtheVeil

willowy

I have the impressionist tarot,in kit version with book,don't have pirates tarot.
I think impressionist is very under rated-one of those decks that just doesn't seem to get loads of talking about,and in my opinion thats a shame cause I love it.Its beautiful,kind of old fashioned looking artwork,kind of takes you back in time abit with its look and feel.It definitely would be a deck that can be intuitively read,maybe more like an intermediate deck as some images stick close to rider waite but others differ somewhat.I think its good to have the book as it gives some useful info into the cards.Anything more you want to know let me know :)
I must add that I'm not a professional reader,and as yet impressionist has just been for my use,Its read well for me though.

Thank you so much, willowy for responding! I am very drawn to the Impressionist Tarot and was actually thinking of getting the kit. I think the cards are beautiful though different than I normally feel connected with.

Is The High Priestess a man in this deck? I tried watching a youtube video on the deck, but it went so fast that I'm not sure. lol Who is the photo of? Does it make sense to you why that is the High Priestess?

I like their take on the Death Card. Crows definitely bring that to mind for me and messages/spirits/etc.

Thank you for letting me know how it reads for you. :heart: It doesn't matter if you are a professional or not, what matters is if you get good readings from a deck. I think you may not give yourself enough credit. The Reading Exchange Boards are great for practicing on other people and building confidence. I don't know if you ever have exchanged there, but it really helps you to get your Tarot Vibe/Reading going. lol I hope to see you there sometime. I think once I get my new decks...I'm going to open an exchange thread. I'm so excited!

Thanks again love!! {{BIG HUGS}}
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

I couldn't wait and ordered them both!

I just got too excited and went ahead and ordered the Impressionist Tarot and the Tarot of Pirates.

I hope they become my favorite decks to read with. I wanted a 'themed" one so I think these will be fun at events.

If you still want to share your thoughts/experiences with the decks..I'm sure it will help others as well.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

willowy

Thank you so much, willowy for responding! I am very drawn to the Impressionist Tarot and was actually thinking of getting the kit. I think the cards are beautiful though different than I normally feel connected with.

Is The High Priestess a man in this deck? I tried watching a youtube video on the deck, but it went so fast that I'm not sure. lol Who is the photo of? Does it make sense to you why that is the High Priestess?

I like their take on the Death Card. Crows definitely bring that to mind for me and messages/spirits/etc.

Thank you for letting me know how it reads for you. :heart: It doesn't matter if you are a professional or not, what matters is if you get good readings from a deck. I think you may not give yourself enough credit. The Reading Exchange Boards are great for practicing on other people and building confidence. I don't know if you ever have exchanged there, but it really helps you to get your Tarot Vibe/Reading going. lol I hope to see you there sometime. I think once I get my new decks...I'm going to open an exchange thread. I'm so excited!

Thanks again love!! {{BIG HUGS}}
BeyondtheVeil

You're welcome,brilliant forum to be on.Nobody in my' real' life shares my interests so its great to talk about decks.
To me,I think is a woman but just with a more androgynous feel to her.I like the black and white trees in the background instead of the traditional pillars,and holding a crescent moon to represent intuition.I also really love the death card :) It was one of my 'I must get it'deciding cards,the moon,the star,the hanged man,three of swords,nine of cups,ten of cups and the world are some of my favourite cards.
I hope you really like them,I'll have to join your exchange thread.I definitely lack confidence,so should really as it would help me practice.
Did you get kit edition or just go for the deck?

BeyondtheVeil

willowy

You're welcome,brilliant forum to be on.Nobody in my' real' life shares my interests so its great to talk about decks.
To me,I think is a woman but just with a more androgynous feel to her.I like the black and white trees in the background instead of the traditional pillars,and holding a crescent moon to represent intuition.I also really love the death card :) It was one of my 'I must get it'deciding cards,the moon,the star,the hanged man,three of swords,nine of cups,ten of cups and the world are some of my favourite cards.
I hope you really like them,I'll have to join your exchange thread.I definitely lack confidence,so should really as it would help me practice.
Did you get kit edition or just go for the deck?

It is definitely a great board to be on. I like having a support system here. It is awesome to get to do the Reading Exchanges to get confidence and practice with readings. This was the first place that I felt comfortable to try reading for other people. {other than family/friends}.

I did end up getting the Impressionist Tarot Kit like you mentioned. It was just $4 more, so it was totally worth the price! I think the book will be amazing to have and I like when I can get the kits. Thanks for that suggestion! {hugs]

Yes.. please definitely jump in to my reading threads. I can have 'off' readings especially if I am exhausted so I try to do them during my daytime. I hope that you will feel comfortable to come to my thread and do a couple. I promise to be easy! :heart:

Thanks again for all of your help love!!

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Beancrew49

I just bought the Tarot of Pirates too. I've had it for less than a week. First impressions is that it's rather smaller than I had imagined, but I guess it is the standard Lo Scarabeo size. The images pop off the card. They are so vibrant and larger than life. The Ace of Pentacles, 10 of Swords, and the Devil are unforgettable, but the Moon card is by far my favorite moon in all the decks I've seen. I just wish the cards were bigger so that I could trim the borders and not end up with a mini deck.

The way it reads is, interesting. It does not follow the standard RWS formula. In fact, many of the minor arcana have nothing to do with the traditional meaning. This would be okay, if you had some sort of explanation of the card, but it is accompanied by the worst little white book in the history of all tarot. There is a one-sentence description of each card, is written in an almost riddle-like format, and oftentimes has nothing to do with the image on the card. This would be okay too, as it forces you to read intuitively, but many of the images are difficult to understand. I'm not even sure what is happening in some of the images, like the 7 of Wands and the 5 of Swords.

Overall though, I am happy with the purchase. If you love pirates then you and this deck will be inseparable, but it's not something you can just pick up and read. I think it will take time to get the know the deck and understand the images, but like any adventure for buried treasure, the end result will be worth the challenges.

BeyondtheVeil

Beancrew49

I just bought the Tarot of Pirates too. I've had it for less than a week. First impressions is that it's rather smaller than I had imagined, but I guess it is the standard Lo Scarabeo size. The images pop off the card. They are so vibrant and larger than life. The Ace of Pentacles, 10 of Swords, and the Devil are unforgettable, but the Moon card is by far my favorite moon in all the decks I've seen. I just wish the cards were bigger so that I could trim the borders and not end up with a mini deck.

The way it reads is, interesting. It does not follow the standard RWS formula. In fact, many of the minor arcana have nothing to do with the traditional meaning. This would be okay, if you had some sort of explanation of the card, but it is accompanied by the worst little white book in the history of all tarot. There is a one-sentence description of each card, is written in an almost riddle-like format, and oftentimes has nothing to do with the image on the card. This would be okay too, as it forces you to read intuitively, but many of the images are difficult to understand. I'm not even sure what is happening in some of the images, like the 7 of Wands and the 5 of Swords.

Overall though, I am happy with the purchase. If you love pirates then you and this deck will be inseparable, but it's not something you can just pick up and read. I think it will take time to get the know the deck and understand the images, but like any adventure for buried treasure, the end result will be worth the challenges.

Thank you so much, Beancrew49 for sharing your experience! I don't necessarily like pirates, but I thought this would be a neat deck to have to offer for readings. I find that a lot of tarot lwbs have the riddle type meanings. Those are definitely frustrating. lol I do hope to be able to read them intuitively, but we shall see. I'm thankful for the Reading Exchange boards here to be able to practice using our new decks.

I'm glad that you think it will be worth it. I won't get the decks until Tuesday, so I hope that I like them both.

Thanks again for responding! :heart:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Love both of these decks!

I have been busy and haven't had time to read with my new decks yet, but I have had a chance to look at both decks. I really like them both. I think that these decks will provide awesome readings. The Tarot of the Pirates looks like a very easy reading deck and a fun one to add to my reading decks. I'm also very happy with the Impressionist Deck. I don't regret buying either of these decks. I think they have thin LoS cardstock, but I hope that they hold up well with use.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

willowy

I have been busy and haven't had time to read with my new decks yet, but I have had a chance to look at both decks. I really like them both. I think that these decks will provide awesome readings. The Tarot of the Pirates looks like a very easy reading deck and a fun one to add to my reading decks. I'm also very happy with the Impressionist Deck. I don't regret buying either of these decks. I think they have thin LoS cardstock, but I hope that they hold up well with use.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

Glad you like them :)
Yes Los cardstock is sadly on the thin side,mine is holding up well though,and I've had mine about 6 months,although I am quite gentle with the shuffling.