film "Abbey of Thelema"?

ZenMusic

i checked it out, i was little puzzled by the trailer, but then I read that it's a comedy and at the movie website ::

"an astonishing new book reveals a very different character from that loathed by the public. Far from having occult powers, he was a pathetic charlatan, a small, fat, balding man with a sad private life who ended up friendless and broke"
"he died in December 1947, aged 72, not in any satanic ritual but alone in bed, tears streaming down his cheeks
His last words were: 'I am perplexed. Sometimes I hate myself.' It was a pathetic end for the devil's disciple."

Lleminawc

This film now has a release date of Dec 1st (USA) on IMDb, but no releases shown anywhere else in the world. Vincent, will we get to see it in the UK?

ravenest

Eh?

ZenMusic said:
i checked it out, i was little puzzled by the trailer, but then I read that it's a comedy and at the movie website ::

"an astonishing new book reveals a very different character from that loathed by the public. Far from having occult powers, he was a pathetic charlatan, a small, fat, balding man with a sad private life who ended up friendless and broke"
"he died in December 1947, aged 72, not in any satanic ritual but alone in bed, tears streaming down his cheeks
His last words were: 'I am perplexed. Sometimes I hate myself.' It was a pathetic end for the devil's disciple."

If he died alone, who was there to report these alledged last words?

Lleminawc

ZenMusic said:
a small, fat, balding man
hmm, this is a bit size-ist and various other -ists isn't it? Some of my best friends are fat and balding.

fyreflye

I'm curious about the title and author of the "astonishing new book."

UPDATE: Here's one that should interest us all: http://tinyurl.com/259fpd Uncle Al as a fat and balding Agent 007.

Lillie

What the hell did he have to do with rudolf hess?
(who never flew to britain, by the way)

ravenest

Didn't you know? Crowley and Hess were in cahoots. Hitler ripped off Crowley's 'Hailing sign of the Magician' (which Crowley ripped off the G.D. - the sign of earth or Set triumphant), but that was before Crowley taught Winston the V sign to counteract it.

Hess landed his aircraft (he did so Lillie!) in Crowley's submarine bunker in Lock Ness, both partied on at Boleskin until the Abramelin demons foreclosed on the rent. .... Them's the breaks :(

fyreflye

Hess actually parachuted into Scotland for the Crowley meeting carrying a letter signed by Frau Sprengel appointing Hess the new head of the Golden Dawn. Sprengel, who was actually a vampire and effectively immortal, was then living with (and on) Adolf Hitler using the name "Eva Braun". Naturally Al couldn't allow a rival Pope to set up shop in Britain and so, after draining Hess' precious bodily fluids during a Working with the Scarlet Woman, handed him over to the military when the party was over. As for Frau Sprengel, she didn't really die with Hitler but escaped to England and is now living quietly in seclusion and working as a policy advisor for New Labor. My 102 page Pdf with the whole story will be available for download shortly.

Scion

I just spit coffee on my desk, ff. :D

Brilliant. I wish you WOULD write that PDF. That could birth a whole new genre of occult fantasy: speculation as novella... I bet people would pay.

Alta

Scion said:
Brilliant. I wish you WOULD write that PDF. That could birth a whole new genre of occult fantasy: speculation as novella... I bet people would pay.
I would!!! What a fantastic tale that would be! hahahaha