Tarot Cielo by Kat Black

retrokat

I know, I know.The world probably doesn't need another tarot deck, but I'm doing it anyway.

My new deck will be called Tarot Cielo, which means "Tarot of the Sky", "Tarot of the Air" or "Tarot of the Heavens". I'll let you decide which translation you prefer. The deck will again be collaged predominantly from images of the Italian Renaissance but this time there's a major twist and something quite new for Tarot..... For the time being you'll have to keep guessing though.

From looking at the very draft version of the first card I'm going to show publicly from the deck (the Queen of Wands, my Significator) you'd probably think it's not that different to Golden Tarot - so why bother? But I promise you, it's not like any other deck.... and it may be quite controversial. Mysterious, huh?

I don't have a deal yet, and I'm not looking in the usual places, but I thought my friends here at Aeclectic might like to be first to know.

Attachments

• tarotcielowandsqueendraft.gif
    tarotcielowandsqueendraft.gif
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,309

Sheri

Beautiful! I am a great fan of the Golden, so I can't wait! :D

valeria

LixiPixi

ooooooo, aaaahhhhh - very pretty! Can't wait to see more :thumbsup:

Knight of Wands

Ooooooh, very pretty and OOOOOOH contraversial, eh?

*Jim's ears prick up*

lol :laugh:

magpie9

Oh Good! Good Good Good Good!! More! More!

firemaiden

Very pleased to see your moniker around here again retrokat :D, and looking forward to seeing more of Tarot Cielo!

Grigori

I'm so glad to see you making another deck Retrokat! Can't wait to see more. And anything named Cielo is OK by me :D Will it be read by Christmas, I'd like to give a copy to someone... oh, wait... she's Jewish. Scratch the Christmas idea, take your time ;)

I want to know the twist... can we have a hint? Just a little one?.... :angel:

retrokat

similia said:
Will it be ready by Christmas, I'd like to give a copy to someone... oh, wait... she's Jewish. Scratch the Christmas idea, take your time ;)

lol... remember how long the LAST one took? Four months to create, two years to make it to the stores even once I had a deal :p

As to the secret, don't tempt me. I am the worst person in the world at secrets. But until I get a deal, I think I'd better be a bit mysterious about it ;)

But because I'm such a tease, here's another card to look at...Page of Swords. Still just a draft of course. Definitely needs work... something on that wall....

Attachments

• tarotcieloswordspagedraft.gif
    tarotcieloswordspagedraft.gif
    77.1 KB · Views: 943

Pollux

Hum, I know those two faces, but I don't think the secret pattern regards their identities...? Naahh

Anyway, secrecy is all too good this time, we don't want you to get into the same kind of accidents that happened with the Golden Tarot, right?
I guess your fans would rather wait longer until you have a deal. ;) *pat*

How long has the Golden tarot been in print?
And still I haven't got to buy one, shame on me, really it's on the "to-do" list, I just hope I'll buy it before this new one is out. :(

Looking forward to seeing more!

Little Baron

retrokat said:
I know, I know.The world probably doesn't need another tarot deck

Maybe. But we can always manage another Kat Black tarot!

Love your Page of Swords. Just right.

LB