7 of Cups, Chariot Reversed

Octo

I am curious how others would interpret the 7 of Cups in relation to Chariot, Reversed? I am using RWS and this relationship came up in a spread of 8 cards. The reading was otherwise clear and spot-on but wondered about the significance or relationship between those two cards in particular.

What I did was draw four cards in pertaining to one question then draw 4 more cards to pair up to the original four cards to tell a story.

Let me know if you need more information.

willowfox

***It could suggest imagination way out of control, like a person living in a fantasy world, thus mentally ill.

A stoner.

Making stupid and crazy choices, like buying something on the spur of the moment only to be regretted later.

WalesWoman

So Chariot RX came in in relation to 7 Cups? 7 Cups seems to relate more to fantasy, day dreaming, making wishes and choices about where to aim your dreams and aspirations... will power is the thing that helps turn them to reality. With a reversed Chariot, there either isn't the will, they are stuck or the Chariot drove off the road and into the ditch.

So similar to Willowfox, I'd say that they need to rethink what they are wanting, because it seems in the wrong direction, not thinking it through... or is pure fanciful, wishful thinking with no real intent to make it happen.

Octo

Willowfox, I can see how those two would be interpreted the way you interpreted them, when juxtaposed together.

WalesWoman... thinking without real intent- that struck me, how you phrased that. With that phrasing, the reading fell into place and I definitely see where I need to go and what I need to do now.

Many thanks to both for your insights.

RaaD

I do think that this has something to do with querent putted in a odd situation where he or she has no clue what to do and she or he is loosing control and confidence. Incapability to foresee the true path where this relationship has to go is making you lacking of guts and confidence. This will be the time where your convictions once strong will starting to shake.
The combo may also suggest that your self value is too exaggerated and you need to lower down your red line rather than acting like a fool

Octo

I do think that this has something to do with querent putted in a odd situation where he or she has no clue what to do and she or he is loosing control and confidence. Incapability to foresee the true path where this relationship has to go is making you lacking of guts and confidence. This will be the time where your convictions once strong will starting to shake.
The combo may also suggest that your self value is too exaggerated and you need to lower down your red line rather than acting like a fool

RaaD, I think you're right- I've had a determined path for a long time and now I'm in a situation where I no longer know what I want to do or what direction I want to go. The dreams I had are now seeming impossible- or I am not acting in a way that continues to pursue that path. I have low self confidence in the situation in question. Thanks for the interpretation.

starrystarrynight

As others have suggested: perhaps, being out of control [of one's life] due to unrealistic desires.

Scibility

Another thought:
Maybe being immobilized or unable to realize some particular goal due to leaving one's options too open.