Gilded -- First Impressions

Paperdoll

I was attracted to the Gilded the moment I saw images of it online. I love Ciro's style and the colors are breathtaking! I like the way he portrays the pentacles and cards such as the High Priestess are truly unique but you still get the "standard" meaning by looking at it. I hope that made sense! Anyway, I am still just getting to know my deck but so far it is the one deck that has "clicked" with me.

Elektra

Gilded First Impressions

Paperdoll said:
I was attracted to the Gilded the moment I saw images of it online. I love Ciro's style and the colors are breathtaking! I like the way he portrays the pentacles and cards such as the High Priestess are truly unique but you still get the "standard" meaning by looking at it. I hope that made sense! Anyway, I am still just getting to know my deck but so far it is the one deck that has "clicked" with me.

You're just like me! :) I saw the scans online and it hit me straight in the gut - "I *must* have this deck." I've been mildly interested in tarot for a few years but never found a deck that resonated with me. This one did. I love it.

satinangel

Paperdoll said:

I very much agree with you Paperdoll! I love the vibrant and rich colors...and now that I've looked through the deck, am very pleased as they feel like they are going to be very easy to read!

(Just received mine this afternoon!)

calligirl

Ditto to all of the above...

I was first drawn to Tarot back before Christmas and when I went into the bookstore the first time (before I knew about the Tarot Garden or any of the online places), I saw the Gilded and that's what I asked my husband to get me for Christmas and he did. (Some may think it was a weird present but luckily, my husband supports me in any direction I may fly.)

I just love to go through the cards and something different catches my eye every time. It seems to give a softer, more blunted reading than the Rider but that may be my imagination enjoying the colors more.

I'm eagar for any suggestions on how to remember the Court cards a little bit better...

Rhiannon SW

I just bought the Gilded deck about a week ago or two. I was attracted to the Strength card used as the cover pic on the box. The first deck I got was missing the Kings and 2 of the queens so i had to bring it back to the store. I would really like to study this deck more in depth. Is this going to be a study group for the Gilded Tarot ? Count me in. I do find them easy to read the more I work with them.

Enchanted

I only had one deck (gasp!) :laugh: as I am still learning I didn't want to confuse myself too much, but so many decks are so very beautiful. I ended up tossing up between, Druid Craft and the Gilded for my second deck. The Druid because I have always been drawn to the history and mythology of Stonehenge. But when I saw a few images of the Gilded I knew that this was my next one. While still following RWS, so not as to confuse me too much I really liked the intergration of planets, astrology, nature and mechanical devices which kind of remind me of Da Vinci invention drawings. My favourite cards are Strength, Temperance and the Eight of Swords, at the moment they speak the loudest, but I am still familarising myself with the deck. Look forward to discussing the cards further. :)

satinangel

Hi Enchanted!

Thanks for posting! Why don't you pick a card and begin a thread! I'd love to talk cards with you!

StellaJane

I brought this deck home last night, and so far I like it. It's really beautiful; the light in the images is so brilliant and clean. I think that this will be a deck that uses enough familiar imagery to give me a good base understanding while also challenging me to interpret things in a fresh way.

A couple of cards stood out to me right away: the Lovers, which I found to be very erotic and intense, and the High Priestess. I also thought that the Queen of Swords was less imposing than I'm used to seeing her; I'm looking forward to figuring out what that means for her role in this deck.

Overall I think it's beautiful work, and I'm looking forward to working with these cards and learning from others who are studying them.

satinangel

Thanks for posting...it is a beautiful deck isn't it? I do though sometimes, finding myself looking at a Gilded spread...only to grab my Robin Wood to compare...as I am MUCH more familiar with that deck!

There are lots of threads about the Gilded deck...I am hoping that you find them and we can discuss card, by card!

Rita

Hey Everyone!

I just received my Gilded Deck and am in awe. The deck is absolutely stunning! As a complete novice, and having only the Universal Waite Deck to compare it to, I was so drawn to the images of the Gilded. They are so brilliant in color and dynamics and they seem to speak so loud and clear, making it a very calm and peaceful experience as you meditate on each card. The depth of the meanings seem to sort of jump out at me, and the companion book by Barbara Moore, so far seems to do a good job interpreting the different symbolisms. It's hard to say if there was one particular card that "drew" me to the deck, because ALL the images are vibrant, brilliant and stunning to me.