Have I This Right?

Aeon418

Rosanne said:
It never occurs to anyone to change the order of the emanations.
It's a good job we aren't changing the order of any emanations then. Tarot cards are attributed to the letters, not the other way around. Order your deck out of sequence if it bothers you that much.

-----------------------------------------

Well done, Yygdrasilian. You got it right first time. I'm impressed. Although the lack of venom should have tipped me off earlier. :rolleyes:

Grigori

thorhammer said:
similia: that puts them in odd spots on the Tree of Life, too, I've noticed. Studying the Navigators, I see that Turk has replaced the Emperor to be next to the Empress again; but in the Thoth, by moving the two, the Emperor is down the bottom among the more celestial entities and the Star is up the top, near Binah (?).

Yeah I guess it depends what aspect you focus on as to how you interpret it. I'm comfortable with the swap primarily because of the reasons I outlined previously. But the location of the paths don't worry me either. In the swapped version we have Chokmah (the father) connected to Tipareth (the Son) via Heh (The Star, the Mother Nuit). I think that is quite fine, happy family dynamic going on which is nice. Most of my understanding boils down to variations on the tetragrammaton anyway, so that suits me. Lots of folks here have far better understandings than me, but I'm not at a level yet where I'm thinking that way, and so I'm not loosing any sleep over it. The trumps are not in the order we're used to, but that is kind the purpose of a swap eh? :D It also balances the sequential swap of Adjustment/Libra and Lust/Leo.

The Emperor (male) balancing between the very female spheres of Netzach/Venus and Yesod/Moon seems quite happy to me also. I imagine he's a bit happier using that fish hook to penetrate some nice lady spheres, than his previous position in an incestuous gay threesome })

Though truth be told I'm a bit like Rosanne in that its my opinion that the tarot is not fundamentally qabalistic, personally I prefer to look at my tarot in that way despite that. No system is really better than another IMO, but each has its strengths and weaknesses. I choose to work with this method, as its part of a "package" that is appealing to me personally. I don't think I'm more "right" than anyone else, just happy where I am :) When looking at this I'm not thinking "what is wrong with this picture" but rather "what can I learn from looking at it this way".

Rosanne

Aeon418 said:
Tarot cards are attributed to the letters, not the other way around. Order your deck out of sequence if it bothers you that much.
Thanks for the advice, I will take 22 cards in order and place them on 22 Letters in the order they are traditionally, and surprisingly they will not be out of sequence. Funny that! Otherwise cards and the Kaballah are a forced match. Not that it matters because I agree with Similia- but as he said you can always learn something.
~Rosanne

Yygdrasilian

One, two! One, two! and through and through

Rosanne said:
Thanks for the advice, I will take 22 cards in order and place them on 22 Letters in the order they are traditionally, and surprisingly they will not be out of sequence. Funny that! Otherwise cards and the Kaballah are a forced match. Not that it matters because I agree with Similia- but as he said you can always learn something.
~Rosanne

I can tell you are open to learning new things that challenge your beliefs.
Obviously you have no need of a Cipher for Dummies.

Linda Gomez

Card alignments

Yes, basic Thoth assignments are correct, in my view. Nice work!
You may also want to practice assigning plantetary exaltations. And perhaps to practice energy thought 'controls', you can work up various combinations of ingredients using multiple cards as recipes --- just some food for thought.

You are obviously a serious student of Tarot. I hope you find these study suggestions interesting and productive.

Linda