faery books

Khatruman

Jewel said:
Ohhhhh and my Amazon order with the Encyclopedia has been shipped "YIPEE!" ... I also ordered another faerie book so the shipping would be free ... you know how that is *LOL*. I will post the name of it and if it is any good when I get it and read it.
Mine shipped too, and I am currently checking its trek north... hoping Saturday delivery might be possible.. PLUS, my Fey Tarot is shippping! Yes, please tell me the other fairy book you got. I ordered Pollack's Forest of Souls with my Franklin book.

Genna

Thanks Jewel,I will get the McCoy book at the end of March.
I just received the Encyclopedia,very beautiful,lovely illustrations.It´s also got really good information on lots and lots of faeries from the whole world,interesting stories included.There are enlargements of pictures from The Sacred Circle,and The Fairy Ring(loved those),other illustrations of the same photographic kind and lovely drawings of faeries on every page.It´s a large book,so you may study the pictures in detail.(There is one VERY scary green goblin though,so don´t leave it for small kids to find,but looking on the other beautiful pictures togeather with children should be fun ).

Alissa

Khatruman said:
I ordered Pollack's Forest of Souls with my Franklin book.

I have this one myself, as I'm enjoying what I've finished so far of "78 degrees..." but have yet to even crack the binding on Forest of Souls yet.

(Crack the binding ... like I would actually crack a binding!)

So much to read .....

Khatruman

Alissa said:
I have this one myself, as I'm enjoying what I've finished so far of "78 degrees..." but have yet to even crack the binding on Forest of Souls yet.
So much to read .....
sighs... yes.. always, so much to read...so little time.. :D

Kirali

genna said:
I was going to get Edain Mc Coy´s book too,but I didn´t,because a review says it advices you to work with the mortally dangerous Russian bannik,faery of the bath-house.I know so little about faeries,I must be able to trust the author,as I do with Anna a Franklin´s,Jessica MacBeth´s and Brian Froud´s books.
Maybe it´s wrong to skip this book because of one mistake,but it scared me.

I just got this book "A Witches Guide to Faery Folk" by Edain McCoy and she has little sections on each faery. ie: Land of Origin, Element, Appearance, Time most active, Lore, where to find them, How to contact them and Magickal and Ritual Help.

Under quite a few of them under the heading How to Contact, she has "Contact not advised" or "approach with extreme caution"

This book reminds me of the Fairy Ring Oracle. I also haven't seen her list Bannik.

I like this book. If you liked the Fairy Ring Oracle then you'd probably like this book. There is even a chapter on how to protect yourself from harmful faeries.

jlbvt

Not a book, but...

Check out this deck! You can pre-order it from Tarot Garden at a discount I believe. " The Spirit of Flowers Tarot " It has beautiful flower faries, and the colors are nice. I hope you like it! ;)

Genna

Thank you,Kirali!I think this will be a very helpful book,as I would like to have some contact with the fair people,in a safe way.I´m already putting out some milk and honey for them,and plan to plant a lot of faery flowers,herbs,and bushes.and would like some more advice.The book will arrive later this month,so I can use it in the spring and summer.

Cali7772003

Hi

Hello I am new to the board. I love Brian Froud's Faery oracle I just got about a month ago along with Good Faeries, Bad Faeries. I also have Helaing with Faeries By Dionne Virtue. There is an awesome book called Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries By Walter Y. Evans-Wentz. It was published in 1890 and is very compelete. I also like a lot of RJ Stewart's stuff. Underworld Iniatation and Earthlight these are all very good books. Hope this has helped. Look forward to talking to all of you more often.

BB,

Khatruman

Hello Cali,

Welcome to the haven of the Fae.. Looking forward to your contributions. Thank you so much for that recommendation.

Peace!

Khatruman

Got the Franklin Fairy Encyclopedia

Just got the encyclopedia in my mail today, and WOW! So much in there, just browsed through the pages. There will be some familiar pix for those who have the Sacred Circle Tarot and/or the Fairy Ring Oracle, but there is also some new stuff.

Ohh, and Jewel, if you haven't received yours yet, note that there is just about a whole PAGE on just the Mermaids in general, and several varieties of the water fae throughout.

An interesting note: There is a page sized picture on UFOs and I was puzzled and looked up the UFO reference to see why it would be in a fairy book, but she makes a wonderful case for the striking similarities between UFO abductions and the fae folks abduction of humans, and the fact that they can be friendly or foul to humans on whim. It is worth the read to see the correlations.

Looks like it may have been a bit rushed in publication though, because I spotted a few grammatical errors on just my first perusal. Ahh, well, I guess a few of the more capricious of the fae decided to make a case for themselves...*L*