Out on a limb spread by Cait Johnson?

DeLani

I hope you all can help me out - I have a wonderful book by Cait Johnson that has some great spreads in it, I think it's called "Tarot Magic" or something like that. However, it is packed away in a box and buried underneath more boxes and crap in a big dark storage building, so I have no hope of ever seeing it until we move into our own house.
I'm wondering if anyone else has this book, and can give me the "out on a limb" spread? Or, perhaps some other spread for finding your way clear to a goal?
Thanks in advance!

galadrial

Hi DeLani,

I have that spread.

It looks like:

................../
1.....2......3/
................\
.................\

(This spread formation and text is taken verbatim from the book "Tarot for Every Day, by Cait Johnson)

Cards 1, 2, and 3- The tree branch that you're presently on- the support of the limb in midair. They are placed sideways and read either upright or reversed.

Cards 4 and 5- The flowering at the end of the branch- that which may occur as the result of your risk. If you don't like the look of these cards, examine them carefully for information. Is this risk worth taking? Is there something else that you can do to make the result more positive?

SongDeva

Very timely spread for me!
Look forward to trying this out.

DeLani

Thanks so much, Galadrial. I'm so sad all my books are packed away! :(
I'm not even sure what my risk will be...I'm just in a desperate funk and don't know what to do. Maybe this will help.