Useful Relationship Spread

EminemsAngelBaby

I did this relationship spread last night and it was so accurate and useful I wanted to share with others. It is from the book "Tarot for Love & Relationships" by Eleonore Jacobi.

Edited to add oops...didn't know how to type in the spread correctly; it should look like this(hope this works!)

1xxxx2
3xxxx4
xx9xxx
5xxxx6
7xxxx8

Here is a excerpt from the book which explains the spread:

The Relationship Spread

If you want to see clearly how you are behaving in a relationship or how your partner feels about you, you might use the following spread, in which cards may be drawn by both partners together or by one alone. It displays both the inner and outer circumstances that prevail in your relationship and also the unspoken wishes you might have concerning this partnership. This spread can be applied to relationsips of any kind. The spread shows no final result since in relationship the "final result" is ever written anew, through disputes or reconciliations. It uncovers circumstances, injuries, or attitudes that you might never have suspected of your partner or yourself. This spread can and should be a call for dialogue.

*Cards 1 and 2 Presentation
(1) How she reveals herself (2) How he reveals himself
These cards tell how each one acts towards the other and what is presented on the outside.

*Cards 3 and 4 Picture of the Partner
(3) How she sees him (4) How he sees her
These cards tell how the partner sees you.

*Cards 5 and 6 Assessment of the Relationship
(5) How she regards the relationship (6) How he regards it.
This shows what the partners think about the relationship or how they look upon it.

*Cards 7 and 8 Desires of the Partner
(7) Her desire of the partner (8) His desire of the partner
These cards show what each person desires from the relationship and is perhaps not able to say aloud.

*Card 9 What It's All About
The ninth card shows the topic of this reading.

Interpeting the hidden number in your spread will add to your interpretation and depth of the reading. To find the hidden # count the value of all the numbered cards, including those of the Major Arcana, and reduce the sum to a single digit.

* One: new beginnings and determination but egoism can also be indicated.
*Two: common interests, submission, and intuition.
*Three: Spontaneity, creativity, and a wealth of ideas. It points to the unexpected.
*Four: means that a goal is realized; this number also has to do with precision, and being rooted to your native soil.
*Five: speaks of unrest and change; the goal aimed at is difficult to reach.
*Six: indicates harmony, family, longings, and also sentimentality.
*Seven: indicates experience, and that the subject is highly charged and needs to be addressed with great tact.
*Eight: Self-confidence, organization, cool reason, also emotional coldness.
*Nine: stands for responsibility, the desire to bring the past to a close, the end, and the new beginning.
*Eleven: means sensitivity, but also feelings of uncertainty; you do not quite dare to tackle the issue.

miss_apples

Thats a really cool spread. And I like the idea of adding up the sum of the reading and using the numeroligical meaning of that number to see the "mood" of the situation.

EminemsAngelBaby

Yes Miss Apples,
I think so too. I actually just did this spread tonight for a girl I work with and she was very moved. She went on to tell me all about what was going on in her relationship. Because the picture was looking pretty bleak we also pulled a final card from the deck for advice.

Simone

This is undoubtedly a very interesting spread, thanks for sharing it (and this from me, I'm known to dislike spreads with more than 6 cards... ;) )!

I just have a question / suggestion for the card nr 9: you say it is to represent the topic of the reading. Could one take it to represent the "topic" or the underlying theme of the relationship - like unconscious issues for both partners?

I will try it out!

Thanks again
Simone

miss_apples

I looked at the 9th card as being the final outcome card...which is more/less a card summarizing the reading.

EminemsAngelBaby

Yes Simone,
Definetly. In the readings I've done with this spread the 9th card has been the psychological issue the querent(s) are dealing with underneath the relationship. The heart of the matter for them. What it's really all about. Glad to hear you like the spread even though it has more than 6 cards:).

funky_mango

Oh wow that looks like just the spread I'm after....I'll let you know how it goes!

EminemsAngelBaby

Funky Mango,
Enjoy the spread.....it's been working beautifully for me. P.S. I like your name, it's, well, funky:)

lisa-pisces

Thanks for that, what an amazing spread, works well with any deck I should imagine...

TimJas

thanks for sharing :)

Evelyn ~