Tarot of Pirates and Impressionist Tarot

BeyondtheVeil

willowy

Glad you like them :)
Yes Los cardstock is sadly on the thin side,mine is holding up well though,and I've had mine about 6 months,although I am quite gentle with the shuffling.

Thanks willowy! That is good to know! I was hoping they would hold up. I don't rough shuffle like a poker player unless I'm using reversals which I don't often now.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

cosita

Thanks willowy! That is good to know! I was hoping they would hold up. I don't rough shuffle like a poker player unless I'm using reversals which I don't often now.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

I got to this super late! I also just got the same two decks and I'm completely enamoured of them both. They're so good-looking and read surprisingly well for me, considering I've only had them for a couple of days.

I did have more of an adventure (if you can call it that) with the Impressionist Tarot. I ordered the deck version first, but then it looked like it got lost in the mail, so I ordered the kit. The kit arrived opened and with damaged and scratched up cards, so I returned it, but not before taking a good look at everything. I wasn't impressed (see what I did there? j/k). The same day I returned the kit, the deck version arrived and this time, it was love at second sight.

The cards that came with the kit had colouring that was more drab than the deck-only version. The kit cards also seemed a tad thicker, and the prints in the book looked livelier than the ones on the cards themselves. The deck-only cards seem brighter to me and I prefer the thinner, whippier card stock. I'm seriously considering edging this deck to make the sides match with the golden borders!

As for the Lo Scarabeo card stock, it's pretty good, especially because their decks don't break the bank. I wouldn't worry about it at all. I have a nine year-old Tarot of the Magical Forest that's used daily (riffle shuffle and everything) and it's still holding up pretty well.

I hope you're enjoying your new decks, BeyondtheVeil!