Planets-Between-Partners Series: Sun-ASC-or-MC

dadsnook2000

My book resources don't address the situation of one's Sun upon another's Ascendant or MC angle. It's been my limited experience (with these aspects) that the person whose angle (either ASC or MC) position conjuncts a partner's planet -- in this case, the Sun -- that person has EXPECTATIONS of how the partner should act out that planet for their benefit.

When your partner's SUN conjuncts your Ascendant, you expect them to light up your life; speak for you or argue your case against others, represent you, take some responsibility and certainly guide or direct a portion of your life. The Sun person is "trusted" or "obeyed", whichever the relationship finds most useful.

Having a partner's SUN conjunct your MC position lets you be a pupetteer, if the Sun person allows it. You like it when they represent you, you want them to act out your life, say what you want to say, do what you whant to do. OR, and I repeat the "OR", the MC-person lives their life thru the Sun person. You would think this might be the other way around, but the one example I know of indicates "no", the MC-partner defers to the Sun-partner.

Now, this post offers an excellent opportunity to lay out an unexplored path in synestry or partner-astrology. What is your experience? Does anyone have a relationship where this is true. Dave

Sophie

My MC conjuncts my partner's Sun (less than 2 degrees apart); and his MC conjuncts my Sun (7 degrees apart). Interesting - lots of negotiation about what we do, how we project ourselves on the other...

What if my Ascendant conjuncts my partners's Ascendant (4 degrees, both in Gemini); and my Ascendant trines my partner's Sun (very trine - by 0.01 degrees!)? What are the effects then?

dadsnook2000

Double-doing

Wow, isn't that interesting -- both have Sun on the other's MC angle. A first for me to consider. I think your term "negotiation" is so apt and descriptive. I had noted that "expectations" were likely, that the MC person tended to control or want to control the Sun person in terms of representation. All that seem to be appropriate but become more "real", more understandable when someone cites a personal example. Thanks for sharing. Dave

dadsnook2000

A case of Sun opposed partner's ASC

Given the dramatic events in the eastern Mediterranian (Israel and Lebanon) it occured to me that George Bush and Condoleeza Rice had to have a bunch of aspects between them relating to understanding, vision, politics, etc. As it turns out, there are a number of aspects between their natal charts. One of them is appropriate for this thread: Bush's Sun at 13-47 Cancer is square Rice's ASC at 11-06 Capricorn.

Where as Helvetica and her partner had cross Sun-MC aspects and always "negotiated" everything, here we see Bush's Sun expecting Rice to project his will, decisions, image, etc. This might be enhanced due to the sextile between their Mercury's (harmony and agreement on an understanding/mental level) which tends toward discussion and an exploration of ideas. Bush's Mercury is also conjunct Rice's Neptune suggesting that her ideas inspire and uplift his views and thoughts -- on the other side, Bush may read too much or too little into some of her proposals or suggestions. So, we may have a balance of great vision and misunderstood or misaligned visions. Which is activated will depend upon other natal and transiting aspects.

What I want to accomplish with these observations is to introduce the realization that one key aspect or two key aspects cannot define how two "partners" work together. To really understand synastry, the astrologer has several complex tasks-steps to go through: 1), consider the aspect between the two charts and its probable meaning, 2) then consider how that planet is used within each individual chart, 3) then consider how the cross-aspect works in each partner's chart (without taking into account any other aspect patterns) -- this is just the start of the process. Often, the astrologer will reach an intuitive assessment of the complex patterns that relate to the two aspecting planets within each chart. In the case of Bush-Rice there are nine interactive patterns between their charts that I have quickly noted. We may make note of them as we move thru this series of partnership explorations. Dave.

isthmus nekoi

Sun-MC. My former boss' sun was on my MC. He guided me in my career decisions and helped me "break in" to the industry as it were. When I was networking, I always knew I represented him. I think he wanted me to become some high powered business professional so expectation here is a good description. We're more friends these days since I stopped working in the industry. Now I don't think "expectation" applies anymore; we have a very different, more informal relationship. I think we both prefer it this way; we don't have to keep up the professionalism which can feel very impersonal at times.

Sun-ASC. My sun and Merc are loosely conj my current's ASC. I don't feel like I have to guide or lead him in anyway. Certainly I don't feel like he wants me to speak for him or represent him; we're too different. If there is any way this aspect seems to have played out, it's the shared understanding. We both "get" the energy of Capricorn, both appreciate each other's conservative sides, our seriousness and sense of responsibility. The only other thing I can think is that I feel very inspired/creative around him (very sunny you could say) b/c we are always talking about art etc.

Hel, how would you venture angle conjunctions to work in synastry? I too have seen stuff before e.g. ASC-DC conjunctions, ASC-MC conjunctions, and wasn't sure how to interpret. Maybe we could share data and hypothesize - of course, w/such a small number of examples (esp if they're all from the same culture), there's always a danger of forming a very skewed and inaccurate perspective, but at least it's something to test out on future charts!

What about ASC-ASC? I share a ASC-ASC conjunction and MC-MC conj w/Carl Jung :) I was drawn to his writing immediately upon learning about him. Even though it's not a real relationship, I have learnt so much from this man's theories. His moon trines my sun, his sun trines my moon. His Mars and my Venus are conjunct. Daaaamn! We are totally compatible!

dadsnook2000

For isthmus nekoi

I know what you mean about identifying with others that have similar ASCendants as our own. My angles and chart is quite similar to Noel Tyl, the well known astrological author and lecturer. We even are similar in appearance except that he is taller, I have more hair but he wears his longer. Ha.

I have two dear friends who studied astrology with me, both have Ascendants just prior to me. For years we have laughed over the events that occur in our lives, first for one, then the next, then me. Transits and progressions just click for each of us -- we rebuild bathrooms, paint the house, buy cars -- all in sequence.

Yes, also in this series the number of people who will have a partner with a given aspect will be quite low. It can be easy to get a distorted view from a small sample. And, the planets on an ASC or MC angle or speculative without a large data base. But, you know me, I'm not afraid to embarass myself or be wrong if its possible that I can learn something. Thanks for your feedback. Dave.

isthmus nekoi

another example

I'm having an exceedingly difficult time trying to find angle-angle relationships I can talk about but I did manage to dig up one chart in which his ASC-DC squared my ASC-DC. His MC was also conjunct my ASC. A little confusing, I know! Just imagine that his chart is like mine, rotated counterclockwise by 90 degrees.

This was a very strange "relationship"; he was a Scorp ASC and stellium and basically zeroed in on me at a party like a magnet. He was very direct and forceful which I appreciate (why play games?) but at the same time, it struck me as very brusque and "heavy", esp for my Sag stellium. We carried on conversation quite effortlessly. I never pursued anything serious with him; I felt there was too much "projection" going on from his part.

Perhaps the way to go is to try to find angle-angle connections b/w charts of famous people.

[edit wrote MC instead of DC lol]

dadsnook2000

For isthmus nekoi

Yes, stelliums are like conjunctions -- they tend to be active, take action and project energy. So, having someone with these chart attributes will certainly seem to be overly forward and pressuring.

I had wanted to also do some more "famous people" charts to mix in with the partner series but I've been dealing with some medical problems and am having a series of tests to determine why I'm having fainting and light-headed spells. Of course the hot weather and my active life style doesn't help.

In my astrological experience I have not seen much angle-angle compatibilities except for two very close friends I have had over the years, I think I have commented on them before, but it is uncanny how we get along together and have so-similar life experiences. Dave

isthmus nekoi

Sorry to hear about your health :( Hopefully the hot weather will ease up wherever you are!

You know, perhaps the lack of charts is indicative of another hypothesis - that is to say, angle-angle conjunctions are not very powerful and do not indicate a higher level of compatibility. w/other "traditional" aspects (e.g. moon-sun) finding examples seem to be a lot easier.