Bohemian Gothic - The Sun

Master_Margarita

How is it that the sun is setting, yet there are two beams of light streaming down on this preternaturally self-possessed child?

Discuss.

:heart: M_M~

baba-prague

See the main thread :)

Will someone move it here (I feel a bit cheeky asking) or should we all repost?

Master_Margarita

baba-prague said:
See the main thread :)

Will someone move it here (I feel a bit cheeky asking) or should we all repost?

Haha. I posted on the main thread asking if a mod could do just that. I'm a pretty cheeky lass. :D

6 Haunted Days

Eh, thanks guys. I didn't know if I should start a study group thread for a little question when I posted last night. Guess I should have!

What is your take Master M?

sharpchick

Master_Margarita said:
How is it that the sun is setting, yet there are two beams of light streaming down on this preternaturally self-possessed child?

Discuss.

:heart: M_M~

Because this little guy has to be Chucky returned (remember Child's Play?) - beamed back down to us for more havoc. . .

6 Haunted Days

sharpchick said:
Because this little guy has to be Chucky returned (remember Child's Play?) - beamed back down to us for more havoc. . .

Actually Baba did mention what Alex was going for when he did this card (in the huge BG thread I think). That he is a ghost and the light is otherworldy illumination. Along those lines.

I find him sad, lost and melancholy personally, so the ghost thing and haunting fitted right in with my view of it. Chucky was just silly and cheesy.

firefrost

We have this little golden-haired boy on his (almost) white horse, looking at us as if to say: "Will you take care of me?"

White stands for (amongst other things) purity and spirituality, but this horse has grey areas as well, when you look twice. Not everything is as it seems!

I swear the light above his head is getting brighter all the time and I think if you reached out to hold this child, you'd be lost and gone to his world forever.

He may be sad but I think he's enjoying himself luring people to join him in his death. He's got that 'Air' about him.

Queen of Disks

I agree with the above posts in that I think this child is a ghost. He looks so perfect and the card is so bright (compared to the rest of the deck) that I am automatically suspicious of him. (after all, this is the BG, where nothing is as it seems!) And somethimes the most happy and normal people on earth are the most screwed up people you will ever meet.

I've seen some demonic children in my day (I work retail-I have seen it all. :bugeyed: Creepy kids are in horror movies for a reason!) but this kid takes the cake! He's too good to be true. And he is luring people to their deaths (probably.) If he says "Come play with me!" run in the other direction!

ncefafn

I was reading this evening and this paragraph reminded me of The Sun:

"I don't know why it is, but I've never been able to bear with fortitude anything in the shape of a kid with golden curls. Confronted with one, I feel the urge to step on him or drop things on him from a height." - P.G. Wodehouse

brother Joseph

The Sun

HAs anyone noticed the letter "j" written next the two sun faces at the top. Just like the letter J standing for the J and the B on the High priestess card on the pillars. Both initials standing for the biblical names of the great temple which solomon built