Touchstone - 6 of Cups

All Is One

MM, that was a very impressive twist. It makes more sense to me than the brother and sister theory. I'm with you.

stargazer

morticia monroe said:
innocence, youth, nostalgia.

Behold the Prince of _________ and the princess who has been promised as his bride. This is their first meeting and a grand Masque will be held tonight in their honor.

Who knows what time will hold for these two. They may grow to love one another. They may not. Their families, politics, indiscretions and betrayals may one day come between them, or they may have a blessed lifelong love affair but today they neither know nor think of any of this,,,,they are children,,,, innocent, and hopeful.

When I see this card, it can take me in many directions. Sometimes it relates to memories, other times it tells me to simplify things, and even other times it wants me to try and see something through the eyes of a child....

I love your take on this card....never thought of it like that...I am adding this one to my journal!
(gone off to get Touchstone pen :D)

All Is One

The Touchstone pen....don't get me started. I'm so anal that I put both of mine away. Why am I like this?

Yes, Stargazer, Morticia's insight belongs in your journal! It changed the way I see that card forever. I'm officially taking her concept and keeping it.

minrice

Yes, very cool Morticia! I like it! THe 6 Cups sometimes stumps me as all I can think of are the traditional meanings. Sometimes it just doesn't resonate with me when I'm trying to read, and so I appreciate your insights as they are things for me too that I had not thought of before!

Fleo Brianson

Just my two cents.

The children whose portraits these were might have had less than lovely childhoods. They definitely seem to come from very wealthy families, and with all of those stiff, prim clothes I can't imagine they get much playing done. Maybe they were groomed from birth to take over his father's property and serfs and to serve as her lord's obedient and sheltered bride. Maybe they were never allowed any play or any free will.

These portraits, these capturings of their images at these young ages, they're pristine, dramatic photographs. Too solemn to see the real beauty of life. But, as these two portraits are brought here, together in this beautiful card by Mrs. Black, it seems to be a second chance for these two. A different world, a different reality in which they may behave as children do. Or maybe this is just a capturing of a simpler moment of their lives; maybe, if they could, they would journey back to when they were this age, and change their own futures, correct all their mistakes.