Inducing Labor

goddessof1967

gregory said:
Indeed ! I also found moving around helped a lot. I was threatened with induction (4 weeks overdue) but as soon as they gave me a date for it, I went into labour. I think my daughter heard and thought NO WAY !

Good luck. They can't make you do anything. Go with how you feel. (But I am told hospital birthing pools are one of the most germridden places going, so you may be well out of that; the best way is apparently a hired one in your home, as they get dried out and disinfected between every use. I believe hospital ones are swilled out but not dried....
I suppose it depends on the individual hospital. Our hospital tubs are fine to birth in, germ-wise.

See kekepania, 4 weeks over and all was still fine.

goddessof1967

12th December 4.32am. 7lb 12oz

GreenMoonBeam

goddessof1967 said:
12th December 4.32am. 7lb 12oz
Delivery Suite might be busy. I said about 50 mins earlier. :thumbsup:

souljourney

I'm sorta liking the 12th also. I'm thinking more around 7:00am, and I'm going a little bigger... 8lbs, 6oz, 21inches.

gregory

12 December, 16.15 your time. 7 pounds 4 oz.

goddessof1967 said:
I suppose it depends on the individual hospital. Our hospital tubs are fine to birth in, germ-wise.
Yes, I bet they are. :thumbsup:. I won't go into detail about the cleanliness (lack of) in our state hospitals since... - any hospital cleaners on forum - I know YOU are doing your job wonderfully well - but you KNOW the issues here ;) I worked in the NHS for 19 years, and... so do I :(

No, I WON'T. But even in 1989 my feet stuck to the floor in my recently dead father's hospital - and a man came around and DRY MOPPED it..... And things have not improved

kekepania

Progress

OK so Afer sex, stimulation and Clary sage I started having light contractions at 2:30 this morning they were still a little random but within 10 minutes of each other. They calmed down enough that I was able to dose back off after 5 this morning. But heres hoping more stimulation will have us going to the hospital in a couple of hours. We shall see.

gregory

You're doing the right things. Especially the first.....

kekepania

So, is this just for fun or should there be a prize for whoever gets closest? lol

gregory

Oh - we get the prize. Just send us the baby })

kekepania

update

OK, So the contractions are averaging at about 10 min. apart. But not very painful. I plan on calling my midwife in a little bit to see if they want me to come in to check progress.