Card 63 'Indi'

floracove

I searched for a thread for Indi, and didn't find one for him.
Hope it's ok to start one for him.

I've been doing one card readings on a different forum, and used the faeries for some of them.

The question that was put to the fae was this;
What is the secret to life?

I pulled
'Indi'
He's a faerie 'challenger'.

This fae is wispy, and spark's of light give him a fuzzy look. He looks frail and big eye'ed.
Makes me think he could be the brother to the 'grinch' for some reason...
His arms are crossed in front of him, in his hand's hold two worlds.
Left under right, he holds a large globe, in an upturned hand.
In his right over left, palm down hand he balances a small globe upon his finger.
He stands upon the head of another fae that has a loopy look to him. (kinda crazy)

To me it seems he is saying there is more to the worlds than what we even begin to perceive.
World's upon world's, lesson's upon lesson's.
One step within the journey whole.
We must cherish the life by gentle touch, learning that which we must know, precept upon precept.

Now for the book...

Key words:
Indecision. Wishy-washy. Commitment. Decision making.

The reason's why we hesitate all boils down to fear.
We need to look honestly at our insecurities, and recognizing them for what they are: our insecurities, not reality.
Then we need to resolve what we can & set the rest in the balance against what will surely happen if we continue to hesitate.

Global change?

It's decision time.
Time to make up your mind and stick with your decision. Give yourself time to put the decision into practice before it's to late.
Higher help is gladly given if asked for.

So the secret to life is a step by step process,to be cherished, and thought about and acted upon, and not to be feared.

Alissa

I definitely equate Indi with decision making, so to me, Indi's message was "The secret of life is up to you to decide." It will be what you make it, in other words. Leave it to the Fae to be so maddeningly literal!

Indi also reminds me of the 2 of pentacles, due in part to the look of the card. Having decisions, being torn between two options. Again, for me, decision making.

I read the word "Indi," and I hear a nickname for "Indecision."

Jewel

I agree with Alissa on this one. Indi was my favoorite card when I first started with this deck. I would like to add that he can also represent the fear of making decisions which leaves one in a quandry. Often times he reflects self-consciousness and lack of self-trust hence making it harder to make decisions. But I think Alissa was right on regarding her interpretation of him answering your question.

jema

I've had him sitting on my desk for three days now. thinking I will get to him in a while and journal about the card but feeling out of sorts and worrying about a hundred other things and feeling too restless and sad to actually do anything at all but play neopets all day.
There are a lot of "I should" in the air.
But oh, what to start with? Which "should" must I do first?
I am really fragile here and Indi is still standing there trying to decide which glowing orb he should do what with and when...

sagitarian

Alissa said:
I definitely equate Indi with decision making, so to me, Indi's message was "The secret of life is up to you to decide." It will be what you make it, in other words. Leave it to the Fae to be so maddeningly literal!

Indi also reminds me of the 2 of pentacles, due in part to the look of the card. Having decisions, being torn between two options. Again, for me, decision making.

I read the word "Indi," and I hear a nickname for "Indecision."

I love what you said about indi Alissa, it's added so much more to how i see him now.

When i first got this deck, and went through the excercises, Indi was my favorite too. To me he always had this feeling of being "left out", like the last person picked to play on a team, or all of his friends leaving to go do something, and he's not invited, or worse yet, insulted before they all left. He's always looked at me with this feeling of "I want to play too, why doesn't anyone like me". Usually when he comes up, I tell the querent that they feel like they are being left out, or left behind by their friends. Their feelings are hurt by this, they really are, and your not sure why they aren't "playing" with you anymore.

Alissa, I especially love the "I read the word 'Indi' and i hear a nickname for 'Indecision'".

Sagitarian

DragonFae

Indi is my message from the Universe card...and quite fitting. In my initial thoughts about him I wrote:

"This faery appears both happy and wistful....with hidden desires...weighed down by the larger orb and focused on that rather than the smaller orb"

Later after reading the book message...I was amazed that Indi is called Libra's Bane...I am a LIBRA...and have some difficulty with decisions...because I am constantly weighing and trying to see all sides..

And yet my intrepretation weaves in also....because decision making can be a wistful experience....wondering and longing for the "perfect" answer when one may simply not be available. In addition, one frequently feels "weighed down" by making decisions especially when it takes energy away from focusing on other things in life.

qwaychou

I cannot help but see indecision. He is afriad to use his wings, curling them close around himself, never been used. His arms crossed tightly in a protective way. His hips are too small, like an infant's hips, and his shoulders hunched over.