The "Waypoint" Spread

Barleywine

Our lengthy discussion about the pros and cons of longer spreads inspired me to go back and revisit a project I started about a year ago. It's an effort to blend "planetary energy" motifs into the positional meanings of a personal 10-card (3x3+1) spread, sequencing them in a way that makes some astrological sense. I haven't tried it that way yet, but the "three-card-vignette" possibilities of the spread might also work well with Elemental Dignities. I've used this spread a little in reading, to good effect, but it's still a work-in-progress (including the working title, which alludes to the way I approach longer positional spreads in general). Any insights you may have (other than "why bother?" :)) would be appreciated.

ETA: As requested by another member, I'm editing this spread to include a worksheet I created for developing a set of "sub-quint" cards and an overall "grand quintessence" from the components of this spread. The idea is to create a single Self-Actualization Summary (Quint) Card from the three columns, a single Self-Awareness Summary (Quint) Card from the three rows, a single Cross-Cutting Considerations Summary (Quint) Card from the two sets of forward-moving diagonals, a single Developmental Summary (Quint) Card from the 10-card series, and an Overall Summary (Grand Quintessence) Card by rolling up all of the other four into a single number. The five-card series of derived cards can then be read as a side-story to the main stem of the reading. The Grand Quintessance card by itself imparts an underlying "tone" or archetypal quality to the general interpretation. The data-capture fields in each subsection of the worksheet provide the raw data for doing these calculations.

Attachments

• Waypoint 1.jpg
    Waypoint 1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 375
  • Waypoint 2.jpg
    Waypoint 2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 338
  • Waypoint 3.jpg
    Waypoint 3.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 316
  • Waypoint Spread Quintessence Worksheet.pdf
    40.1 KB · Views: 333

Sar

Our lengthy discussion about the pros and cons of longer spreads inspired me to go back and revisit a project I started about a year ago. It's an effort to blend "planetary energy" motifs into the positional meanings of a personal 10-card (3x3+1) spread, sequencing them in a way that makes some astrological sense. I haven't tried it that way yet, but the "three-card-vignette" possibilities of the spread might also work well with Elemental Dignities. I've used this spread a little in reading, to good effect, but it's still a work-in-progress (including the working title, which alludes to the way I approach longer positional spreads in general). Any insights you may have (other than "why bother?" :)) would be appreciated.

I will check this one out more carefully later. Thank you.

FLizarraga

Bumping this.