Self reading spread

AldebaranQueen

First want to say that I loved this spread! But I'm still new at reading the tarot so I was wondering if someone could help explain one of the cards that came up.
The cards I got was 1. Four of wands reversed 2.the hierophant reversed 3.the high priestess 4. The devil 5.three of pentacles 6.the magician reversed 7.knight of wands reversed 8.the wheel of fortune reversed
I agree with all the cards but not understanding the four of wands and how it relates in this spread. I found the meaning as: lack of harmony or a breakdown in communication in your family or home. How would this be something I want or hope for? Maybe I'm reading it wrong? Thanks for any help someone can provide!

ButOfQuartz

Some people feel that if more than half of the cards in a reading are reversed, the whole reading needs to be switched so that the cards dealt in reverse are upright, and the cards originally dealt upright are in reverse. That might help clarify things for you; I find it often does for me (though I haven't yet tried this spread).

rylla

First want to say that I loved this spread! But I'm still new at reading the tarot so I was wondering if someone could help explain one of the cards that came up.
The cards I got was 1. Four of wands reversed 2.the hierophant reversed 3.the high priestess 4. The devil 5.three of pentacles 6.the magician reversed 7.knight of wands reversed 8.the wheel of fortune reversed
I agree with all the cards but not understanding the four of wands and how it relates in this spread. I found the meaning as: lack of harmony or a breakdown in communication in your family or home. How would this be something I want or hope for? Maybe I'm reading it wrong? Thanks for any help someone can provide!

If your intentions aren't to pick up a fight in your family or disrupt the harmony in any way, you may think about the 4 of wand reversed as expressing a lack of harmony (I don't read reversal but some authors interpret them, among others, as 'a lack of something'). So you might FEEL a lack of harmony or communication (when a reversal means a 'lack of something' it is also said that is there to show you the need to correct it). So ultimately your wish could be to create more harmony around you. I'm all for 2+2=4 but tarot isn't mathematics.
You might think that a wish for harmony would have been shown more directly by other cards and it's true; in your case it's shown by the 4 of wands reversed, in an indirect way, maybe to bring to your attention that something needs correcting or it's a bit of a messy situation in which you'd have an active part to make it better - actually you are the one who can find the best answer how this card relates to you or your situation - it appeared in your reading to highlight the need for you to think about it and get to its meaning that better fits you or your situation.

DDwarks

That would very much depend on what the question was. The 1st three cards talk about your own view of the situation, how you personally feel it yourself. So it could be showing anxieties as well as a "the rose tinted" version of what really is.
Not knowing the question asked, it could be in your case that you think you've got stability and harmony or that you think you don't have it at all.
I don't read reversals at all. I find them too confusing.

AldebaranQueen

Wow thanks! Great to see it from others perspective. This helps a lot. I'm still learning how to read the cards without my logical mind. Thank you everyone that responded.

delinfrey

Wow this is giving me chills... Asked about a person at work whom I have feelings for. Card in the top center: two of cups! And then "what it really is" two of swords! Ouch!

DesertDream

i love this! i have problems being objective and need to look at it from this type of perspective. thank you!