The Gravenchase Lenormand

Aster Breo

I like it. Nice balance.

blue_fusion

Two more. The house is still a work in progress. I don't like how I drafted the actual house, and it looks... thematically different from the other cards. May have to redraw the house itself into something more vaguely medieval (though the design itself was inspired by Tudor-style exposed timber framed houses).

Attachments

• TWO MORE.jpg
    TWO MORE.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 696

reall

How about this layout? I really want red suit cards to have red text (that's coming from the playing card aficionado in me). I placed the cards side by side to see if they look consistent with each other (which I hope is the case!).

(Apologies for the mixed up playing card inserts! Too many sleepless nights...)

I like!:)) this is fantastic way to go!^^:))

reall

Two more. The house is still a work in progress. I don't like how I drafted the actual house, and it looks... thematically different from the other cards. May have to redraw the house itself into something more vaguely medieval (though the design itself was inspired by Tudor-style exposed timber framed houses).

maybe to make house roof lines more rounded?:)) and don't forget clouds need to be darker on one side?!:)))
and if you decide to keep title papirus then you can place those numbers down on it?!^^ :))

blue_fusion

maybe to make house roof lines more rounded?:)) and don't forget clouds need to be darker on one side?!:)))
and if you decide to keep title papirus then you can place those numbers down on it?!^^ :))

Oh yes, that's also still in progress. I got so excited to post updates because the project's started rolling again! :D I think I'll be sticking to your layout suggestion of having the numbers in each corner at the top and the title on a scroll at the bottom.

I'm dreading doing the non-scenic cards like the ring! :-/

blue_fusion

Oh yes, that's also still in progress. I got so excited to post updates because the project's started rolling again! :D I think I'll be sticking to your layout suggestion of having the numbers in each corner at the top and the title on a scroll at the bottom.

Aster Breo

I like these, even though I understand you're still working on them. This style is really striking!

As Reall said, the Clouds should be clearly lighter on one side and darker on the other.

MissChiff

I think these will be stunning... I really like the colors you have chosen.....

reall

:)) happy to hear that!^^:))

seeing your clover I think ring and cross would look fantastic in same style?:))
i.e simple golden/as *pure never rusting bond*/ LOTR or with colorful blings?!^^ XD lolz
and cross can be one of those ornamented/darker shades or silver? as it usually have negative conotation?:)) like it's *precious metal that can corrode and turn dark?XD ;))
btw imo cross is sword pointed downward into the ground and mean *peace unlike ace of swords in tarot that is usually pointed up and mean attack or strife?;)))

just start painting when you feel like it and you might be surprised by results!^^;)

p.s don't forget google and wikipedia are our best friends here!^^:)) you wouldnt believe it but i check that for most of cards?x,x lolz :))

blue_fusion

:)) happy to hear that!^^:))

seeing your clover I think ring and cross would look fantastic in same style?:))
i.e simple golden/as *pure never rusting bond*/ LOTR or with colorful blings?!^^ XD lolz
and cross can be one of those ornamented/darker shades or silver? as it usually have negative conotation?:)) like it's *precious metal that can corrode and turn dark?XD ;))
btw imo cross is sword pointed downward into the ground and mean *peace unlike ace of swords in tarot that is usually pointed up and mean attack or strife?;)))

just start painting when you feel like it and you might be surprised by results!^^;)

p.s don't forget google and wikipedia are our best friends here!^^:)) you wouldnt believe it but i check that for most of cards?x,x lolz :))

I can't seem to find good pics of medieval woodcuts or old manuscripts with rings in them :(