Understanding problems

Inana

I've made a new spread to get better understanding on specific problems or difficult situations, but guess it can apply to other subjects too.

____1
__2___6_7
____3

1-. What is the problem?
2-. How do you feel about it?
3-. What is the real problem?
4-. What can help to solve it?
5-. What can make it worse?
6-. What comes after.
7-. What can you learn about this?

1-. Is the first approach to the situation. It shows what the querent perceives as the problem.
2-. How is feeling the querent about the problem and how is facing it.
3-. This is suposed to show the root of the problem, the underlying situation or other related issues the querent isnt aware of it. Problems are often like icebergs, card 1 shows the top, what we see, this card shows all the ice that is under.
4-. This tells what the querent can do to make the situation better. Can show too persons or positive external influences.
5-. Opposing at 4. Shows what's not good to do or other elements that can make things go worse, be it people or events.
6-. The next step in the problem, outcome.
7-. This shows what the querent could learn passing through this problem. Can serve like a second advice on how to deal with it in an specific internal level.

I've been trying it and seems to work quite fine. I only had few trouble with reading the cards in 5, but guess is just me. What do you think about it? Any suggestions?

Trogon

Inana,

Looks like a pretty good spread to me. I can see how it could be very useful in addressing a specific issue a querrent has.

The #3 card you label as "What is the real problem". But from your explanation, I gather that this is generally going to be about root causes of what the querrent percieves as the problem? So, for example, if a person asks about "why don't I have any friends", this card might show something like King of Wands-reversed - which might indicate, among other things, intolerance, prejudice and so forth. Hmmmm.... yes... I can see this would be a good spread to use for helping someone put a finger on a specific personal issue...

[edited to add;] Oh... just curious... why did you put the layout in the particular pattern that you did? Is there some significance to this?

Thanks for posting this...

Inana

Hi Trogon!

About the card 3 (The real problem), yes, i guess it would be most of the time the root of the problem like in your example (sometimes the querent is not conscious about that). Maybe in other issues it can show something you really dont know about it (for example an external factor that is causing your problem) or deeper causes. The label fits well to me because it seems to catch more aspects than calling it the root of the problem.

About the pattern layout... well not any special reason. It put it that way when the idea come to mind.
The 3 first cards make a little triangle. Above what we see, under what is not so clear, and to the left, in the middle how we feel. Those three give us the understanding on the subject at hand.
Then theres a bigger triangle in the inverse sense giving us the influences and advices on the left (good above, bad under). And on the other side card 6 the outcome (right=future), wich closes a little cross with the first 3 cards. The biggest triangle (4-5-6) is what we can change (or not) but still not present or clear to us. Finally, came the idea of the "lesson".
All together reminds me the shape of the point of an arrow, wich is good to fight issues... hehe. No, i see it has a logic but is hard to explain why my brain likes how this pattern fit. Well, im babling, so better i stop.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Mimers

Inana,

I love the directness of this spread. I have added to my collection!

What I like is the 'root' card, and also how you look at helpful and opposing forces.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mimers

Indigo_lady

For card 1 you can use a significator that you've already chosen, lets say that you're doing a reading for someone and you locate a specific problem reflected by a Card, you can use this spread in order to go more in depth, right????

Inana

Indigo, I dont use significators often (mainly cause im not good at chosing them), but if you like to use it and have the issue clearly defined, in the position of card 1 will work ok to get more depth and information.

If you try the spread, tell if works fine for you.

Trogon

"The Arrow-point Problem Spread"... :D I like it! An arrow point I can latch on to... although I didn't make that connection at first. Guess my mind was in the wrong gear... :rolleyes: That will help me remember the layout a little better.

As for a significator, personally I've kind of stopped using them in readings. I know a lot of people do, and really get a lot out of using them, but for me they never seemed to really add anything to a reading. I like going against the grain though. But I can sure see how a significator would fit in with this spread.

Herzog

Great spread.

But what if you have a specific problem? How the first position relate to this?

WingspreadPhoenix

Interesting spread! So could I use this for, say, "Understanding my Money-Spending Problems"? xD I'd love to try this out! Looks good!

MEG801

I appreciate this one. I just used it and it was very helpful and I plan on using it again. I am still learning about tarot and found this spread very useful and learned from it. Thank you!