The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

Sinduction

I have got to stop doing my readings after midnight. I just have no desire to read at this time of night. :D

Jyscal

pangolin said:
I have a new post up on my blog. It's kind of silly... but we can't be serious all the time, right? ;)
exactly. I think half the motivation behind this study group is to have fun.

Gazel

autumnsdaughter said:
Already I am feeling more friendly with Llewellyn- it almost seems like the deck itself is warming up to me.

I am finding the stories in the guidebook to be very interesting... very well written. Now I think I have to get Ms. Ferguson's other deck, the Legend.

It it nice to feel connected with one's deck.
I think the Llewellyn is very beautiful, but how is the Llewellyn in regard to suit/elements correspondences.
Are swords connected with air or fire?
I like the legend, also because of the stories, but the fact that the swords are connected with fire, makes it hard for me to work with it.

souljourney

Gazel...
I'm not really one that likes Swords as Fire either. I will say sometimes I don't see much difference in the art or meaning though... so I kinda don't get it when artist says that, but then I can "read" it like Swords is air and Wands is fire.

autumnsdaughter

Gazel said:
It it nice to feel connected with one's deck.
I think the Llewellyn is very beautiful, but how is the Llewellyn in regard to suit/elements correspondences.
Are swords connected with air or fire?
I like the legend, also because of the stories, but the fact that the swords are connected with fire, makes it hard for me to work with it.

Swords are connected with air, wands with fire, pentacles with earth, cups with water. Or at least, that's how the art looks to me. In the book, she switches up swords and wands, saying swords are about action and wands are about intellect... but that isn't in the cards- plus wands are all shades of yellow and orange, while swords are blues and purples. Elementally, for me that makes wands fire and swords air.

souljourney

autumnsdaughter said:
Swords are connected with air, wands with fire, pentacles with earth, cups with water. Or at least, that's how the art looks to me. In the book, she switches up swords and wands, saying swords are about action and wands are about intellect... but that isn't in the cards- plus wands are all shades of yellow and orange, while swords are blues and purples. Elementally, for me that makes wands fire and swords air.

That's exactly what I mean...

Promise

I've got another reading posted.

Pardon the less-than-stellar quality of the pictures. My camera doesn't want to play nice today, and I don't feel like putting up much of a fight.

epvitale

New blog posted. Reflections on the King of Cups.

mooncat2

I have a new post up on my blog. It's kind of silly... but we can't be serious all the time, right?
I loved it and don't think it's silly at all.

I've used the Magical Forest for my Thursday journaling prompt post.....it's a silly bit of fun too but I think having some fun and playing with a deck is great. The Magical Forest is perfect for that.