How often do you ask a YES/NO question ?

sunstallion

Hi,

I would like to know how often do you ask a YES/NO question and use a YES/NO spread, and when do you do it ?

Because it seems to me that asking a yes/no question and using a yes/no spread is limited, but sometimes you have to have a yes/no answer like you want to know if it's best for you to make certain decisions or not.

Thanks

Grizabella

I use a "what if I do, what if I don't". One card for each is very helpful. If you want more information, drawing two or three cards for each will provide it, but usually one for each does the trick for me.

I don't use yes/no questions otherwise, usually.

Papageno

sunstallion said:
Hi,

I would like to know how often do you ask a YES/NO question and use a YES/NO spread, and when do you do it ?

Because it seems to me that asking a yes/no question and using a yes/no spread is limited, but sometimes you have to have a yes/no answer like you want to know if it's best for you to make certain decisions or not.

Thanks

ditto Solitaire

I don't ask "yes" "no"......tell me what the consequences, the effect will be of a given action

"yes" "no" is very tempting because we want straight forward answers but as you pointed out yourself it's very limiting and therefore potentially dangerous. there are always ripples.

Sulis

I don't think that I do ask questions that require a yes or no answer.

floracove

You know, I never thought about it before...

I've only used y/n rarely.

Alta

I don't ask them because then I am often puzzled by the response. I do more like Solitaire* suggests: "aspects of this choice versus aspects of that choice" or whatever is applicable.

sunstallion

Like if I want to know if some one still keeps my contact info or not, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if a visitor from a third-world country can visit the US or not, that's a yes/no question.

A woman interviews several candidates to babysit her child, I want to know if each candidate is a good fit or not, that's a yes/no question.

I have a few interviews with different companies lately, and I want to know if each one offers me a job or not, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if a woman I like is thinking or missing me, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if someone is going to get fired at their job or not, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if I should use someone as a job reference, that's a yes/no question.

My friend wants to know if his brother (who he has not talked to for several years) is still married to his brother's wife, that's a yes/no question.

I want to know if an old acquaintance is going to contact me or not, that is a yes/no question.

The scenarios I mentioned above is different person, different situation. None of them is related to one another.

WeepinWillow

I don't have great success with using "Yes/No" spreads. I usually do the "What happens if I do this and what happens if I do that?" I get better responses that way and usually they are spot on. I think it makes it hard to get more information if you "narrow the search" like that.

Tiro DvD

I limit yes/no questions to once a day for a given subject. (I can still ask yes/no questions during the day but on other topics.) If the question concerns a very emotionally loaded issue its once period. However I'd more often than not use another divination system than the Tarot since the Tarot is geared more to details and expressions rather than discrete results.

AJ

I have a cousin of the magic 8 ball in my shopping cart at Amazon for yes no questions. One of these days when I'm feeling flush I'm going to actually buy it.
My 2 cents, using tarot for yea/nea questions is like using your car to get from the living room to the kitchen. You could, but why would you?

Attachments

• PsychicBowlingBall.jpg
    PsychicBowlingBall.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 241