Year Ahead Spread

Aura Wolf

I wanted to do a yearly spread for myself but felt that the others I found were somewhat...lacking, somehow. So I made my own and decided I'd post it for the rest of you.

---1-----2-----3-----4-----5-----6----
-----------------------------------------
21---13/14--17/18--19/20--15/16---22
-----------------------------------------
---12----11----10----9----8-----7----

Positions 1-12 : Months of the Year (General Outlooks)

1 - January
2 - February
3 - March
4 - April
5 - May
6 - June
7 - July
8 - August
9 - September
10 - October
11 - November
12 - December

Positions 13-20 are general aspects of life for the new year, one set for every suit in the minors (ie. one set for love/relationships (Cups), etc). I thought two cards for each aspect would be more descriptive, as different suits can indicate different things. So read these pairs as you wish. [*Note: I only used the suits as reasons for choosing these aspects. When doing the reading, just read normally. You don't have to choose Cups cards for the love aspect, etc.]

13 & 14 - Ambition/Creativity [Wands]
15 & 16 - Health/Money [Pentacles]
17 & 18 - Relationships/Emotions [Cups]
19 & 20 - Mind/Struggles [Swords]

Positions 21-22 : Energies

21 - Recurring energies (carried through from the past year)
22 - New energies manifesting (for the new year)

I didn't feel this spread needed an Outcome card, as it is a quite general spread and if you really want an outlook on the entire year, you can just determine your year card :)

Ironically, this spread turned out to have 22 cards (the exact number of majors). This was unintentional, but allows for the use of an interesting majors-only reading if you so desire, although I personally feel that it could be quite limiting. Your preference ;)

Feel free to alter this any way that suits you best. Hope some of you will use it. Peace.

Inana

It looks good. Think im going to try it. I like the idea of the suits to define the aspects on different subjects for the year.
Are the month cards suposed to look as a wheel or is as i see here in three rows?

Aura Wolf

I put the months in rows (I find it simpler that way and don't really see the point in spending extra time arranging cards in odd formations :D) but you can lay them out any way you like. I might even try that, actually.

Inana

Yes, I see its easier, although sometimes i love strange arrangements... :) I was just asking cause the months in the down row go backwards. Guess is to close the cycle of the year somehow.
I will tell you how this spread works for me. Thanks for sharing it.

Aura Wolf

The reason I put the months in the bottom row backwards is because I have this...well...calendar in my head, kind of. I'm very strange, I actually envision the days of the week and the months of the year in my head as entities or something, and they are all arranged in a certain order. Haha...so...when the days and weeks arrive it's like in my head I'm actually walking along this path or something. So that ordering was easier for me to read because it was more similar to what I see in my imagination.

Why do I get the feeling people are going to think I'm crazy after they read that? :D

snuffy

ooo! i really like this spread, dead star. i'm especially in love with the 22 cards in the spread/22 majors deal.

Aura Wolf

Thanks snuffy. Try that majors dealie if you want and let me know how it works out :D

Inana

Dead Star said:
Why do I get the feeling people are going to think I'm crazy after they read that? :D
Oh! You arent crazy... just insane!! :p
Guess you just have some kind of circular concept about time...

miss_apples

Cool! I was just thinking to myself that I needed a specific new year spread so I can give readings for the year. I tried to just to 12 cards...one card for each month but I dont think that was enough. I'll have to try this out!

Aura Wolf

Glad you like it :>