Sabian Symbols: The Cards

MCsea

Just adding

That it is REALLY easy to get a copy of Lynda's Book with the cards int he back where ever you are from Amazon :)

Marina

cardlady22

Is there any updated information about a fully illustrated set of cards?

Personally, I'd like a kit set where the drawings are in a coffee-table quality book and sets of rune-like stones or counters are used to cast & find them.

MCsea

A friend of mine has just completed the 360 in water pastels
I think they are AMAZING!
I am not sure what she plans on next how she can get them in a book or cards..
will post when I find out.
Marina

BodhiSeed

A friend of mine has just completed the 360 in water pastels
I think they are AMAZING!
I am not sure what she plans on next how she can get them in a book or cards..
will post when I find out.
Marina

You mean she drew 360 pictures for each of the Sabian Symbols?!:bugeyed:
If so, I'm impressed, and very hopeful that she will be able to get them published.:D
Can you beg her to post a scan or two, Marina?

ETA: Even if cards aren't feasible, a book with all the images would be great (as Cardlady mentioned); you could add a couple of dice to make it a set.
Maybe something like these:
http://www.thegamestore.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=19-13161
http://www.thegamestore.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=19-06006

MCsea

You mean she drew 360 pictures for each of the Sabian Symbols?!:bugeyed:
If so, I'm impressed, and very hopeful that she will be able to get them published.:D
Can you beg her to post a scan or two, Marina?

ETA: Even if cards aren't feasible, a book with all the images would be great (as Cardlady mentioned); you could add a couple of dice to make it a set.
Maybe something like these:
http://www.thegamestore.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=19-13161
http://www.thegamestore.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=19-06006

I 100% agree and I hope she does get them published! she drew all 360... inspirational she is.. I think with dice would work too - I think in a book would be best for these drawings and they could be used for mediations and so many other things.. will keep you informed of how she progresses :)

Aun Chand

Sabian Symbols Illustrated.

Hi everyone, I am new here from Thailand. English is my second language I can read and make good understanding but have difficulties writing so please excuse my language it is not as good as it should be.

I am another one who paint Sabian Symbols I am half way through my second set. The first set was sold with copyright to a publishing company for 40,000 Baht (about 1,333 USD) about $3.70 each. The pay is so cheap even in Thailand the reason I do it is evidently not for the money. I am a true believer in Sabian Symbols.

The set I am doing now is for a Thai fortune telling magazine they are paying me 500 Baht each (about 16 USD) without copyright so that mean I can resell this set and most important of all I can post it on webboards or do anything I want with it with no restrictions. I would like to post them here but I don't know how. My understanding is I am not allowed.

So if anybody want to see them you can go to the link below you might find it enjoyable.
http://youtu.be/bNE8zOF4xWk

I Sunshine

Beautiful Illustrations

Aun: Your Illustrations are wonderful! I hope you can get them published as a deck of cards... I for one would buy them! I think they would help me as I am one that needs the image to be able to unlock my inner eye. Thank you for sharing the link.

silverwings94

Aun,
These are stunning. I do hope that you are able to seel them here in the US. I for one would be very interested.I have been studying the Sabain Symbols for a few months and I too believe in them.
Good Luck on these wonderful and beautiful journey.
Namaste,
Kat

Aun Chand

To: I Sunshine and Silverwings94

I Sunshine and Silverwings94 (Kat) :
I Thank you two so much for your replies, they give me the the courage to proceed on, I spent a lot of time worked on these paintings and still much more to do to complete the set, many times I felt desperate thinking “Am I just a crazy fool?”. Reading your replies today I feel so happy and reacquired confidence on what I’m doing. If I ever get these printed I would like to put your names on the Special Thanks page.
Aun Chand

silverwings94

Aun,
I would be honored. As I said before they are stunning. Like Sunshine I too need pictures that help me to understand what something is about. Reading what a certain card means does not stay in this old brain any more I need to have pictures , and then I can understand and be able to turn that into what is going on. I too would be interested in purchasing a deck if you get them published. Continue with your work and don't let anyone discourage you or your work. You are very talented.
Namaste,
kat
I Sunshine and Silverwings94 (Kat) :
I Thank you two so much for your replies, they give me the the courage to proceed on, I spent a lot of time worked on these paintings and still much more to do to complete the set, many times I felt desperate thinking “Am I just a crazy fool?”. Reading your replies today I feel so happy and reacquired confidence on what I’m doing. If I ever get these printed I would like to put your names on the Special Thanks page.
Aun Chand