Smith-Waite Tarot Deck now available

Teheuti

I just got my copy of the Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Tarot Set. Here's the text from my blog post:

I’m so excited. My Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Tarot Set has arrived from U.S. Games. The book of Pixie’s art is delightful—full of color and lots of images. Waite’s Pictorial Key to the Tarot (included) is the same-old book in a new cover but with no pictures (huh?). The post cards are great to have—a very nice bonus.

The deck—well, I’m not too sure how I feel about it. It’s now named the Smith-Waite Tarot—yeah! Pixie’s hand-lettering graces the cards (not like the modern yellow-box version where the names are typeset). The colors are muted and a bit dark (but better than that horrible “Original” version). An attempt was made to make the plasticky cards seem old. To me, it just makes them look a little dirty. Although plastic coated and stiff, the card stock seems to be of good quality that I think will hold up well to long-term use. The card backs are simple, featuring the Rosicrucian Rose from the Death card and Pixie’s initials.

As to the details on the cards: The lines are well defined. We can now see clearly that the coloring of both boots on the 7 of Pentacles is the same. The difference was a later mistake. There is a green liquid spill on the 5 of Cups. There does not appear to be a stream between the feet of the man on the 7 of Wands. The PAX in the stained glass window of the 4 of Swords is unambiguously visible. There is no shadow on the face of the woman in the 9 of Pentacles (as it appears in the old University Books edition). Anyone notice anything else?

uwe

Where did you buy your one if i may ask? I REALLY want this deck asap.

uwe

Thank you. I'll get right to it.

roppo

Now I'm proud and honored:D the picture on the deluxe keepsake box is "Much Ado about Nothing" from my Pixie collection! Isn't it wonderful that the artwork I discovered is going to visit the homes of the numerous Pixie fans worldwide?

BTW my copy hasn't arrived yet. Seems still flying up above the Pacific Ocean...