View Single Post
Citizen

TemperanceAngel 
Citizen

Exclamation How do you open your readings

Just reading through all these threads and it made think of this question

HOW DOES EVERYONE OPEN THEIR READINGS?

I suppose I mean this in a professional sense, but ALL and ANY advice welcome from the wonderful Aeclectic Community.

When I open for a client I like to do a General spread first. The readings are random, in the sense of sometimes 'specific' issues arise and sometimes not. This helps me to get into the nitty gritty of the reading. I then go onto questions. The shop I work from people come for half hour or one hour readings, standard stuff.
Generally half hour, so we usually are focusing in on one/two issues.

Ooops....I am rambling....

I open with a spread from Racheal Pollack, I think she calls it a work spread. I use it as a past, present and future spread.

Cards 1 and 2 cross each other at the top, like the Celtic Cross.

I then do 2 to 3 rows with seven cards in them. The first card(s) are the past, the second is expectations, the next 3 are the present with the middle of the 3 generally being the here and now/today and the last two are possible outcomes/future.

The first row is the 'heart' of the situation, the second is how the person is thinking about it/outside influences and the third which I don't always do ties the two together and is good if the other cards are showing confusion etc because it can really clarify things.

What do other people do, as I am interested in maybe changing my approach.

Thanks everyone for listening.

XTAX
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1