The Bohemian Gothic Tarot

HearthCricket

baba-prague said:
But I think there is really another reason. I have a feeling this deck needs its public, rather generic name and also a more hidden, personal name. Or have I been reading too much Le Fanu and Poe?

Like harps! One public name, one hidden one. Dark Sister is her Aeclectic Tarot name...her loving pet-name, so to speak. After all, the Victorians thrived on nicknames given to their loved ones! Then again, I've been reading too much Radcliff, Bronte and Leroux! :) She is a beauty, that is for certain. I can't wait to know more about that King of Pentacles, is it? Who looks like a crusader, ready to rise from his grave... His face, from what I can make out of it, reminds me of those dark kings of men in the Lord of the Rings movie-both the nazgul ones and the ones in the mountain, whose souls needed to be released? I love this deck!

Apocalipstick

Is there any way you could share a close-up of the Tower please? Pretty Victorian cherub-laden please?

Ooops, wrong type of Victorian please. Ehrm. Anyway.

The picture on the site looks terribly intriguing, but it's so small. More of it would be a treat.

Pumpkin

baba-prague said:
For those who didn't spot this on my blog today. It's loosely based on a photo in an antique book that we have. But it's been redrawn as the original was so old and blurry. But I have had her marked as "MUST use this image" for quite some time now. Alex did the most astonishing job with this figure.

The first thought may be "She's young for the Queen of Swords". But is she really?

Is there a link on your web site for the blog? I haven't seen it.

By the way my Tarot Reader came today. Love it :D

baba-prague

I'll show some more tomorrow if that's okay - off to bed now (plus I want to make sure the card is actually large enough to be seen - it's literally a very dark card). The Tower is based around two gargoyles - one of them really chilling I think - a bird - eagle probably, certainly a bird of prey - with the head of a man.

A lot of the imagery we're doing really is quite shuddery - but in a weird way. You don't see blood and gore at all. As Apocalipstick said, like those Victorian ghost and horror stories that you read and that then get into your dreams (well, mine).

Apocalipstick

I'm swooning already.

I can't wait to see it!

Good night. Happy haunted dreams. ;)

jackdaw*

Pumpkin said:
Is there a link on your web site for the blog? I haven't seen it.
I don't know if we're allowed to link to blogs, so go to baba store and go to the bottom of the left-hand column. There's a link there for Newsletter and Blog or something similar.

RaeBelle

From what I've seen so far, it looks lovely! Perhaps it will be a birthday present from me to me!

ZenMusic

awwww,, i just received the GOLD Victorian Romantic today....

now I see the new Bohemian Gothic... .. I'll have to have it also.. I love Gothic and it looks beautiful so far

Granville

I was just getting satisfied that my Golden Kitties would be arriving home soon and then I could stop yearning for tarot decks. I had already determined what my number 1 deck of the year would be and was hoping to sit back, relax and get ready for a pleasant tarot summer.

.....And now this.....sigh.....The High Priestess is unbelievable....This deck is just amazing.....before it comes out I am sure I will be out of superlatives.....

I can already picture myself curled upstairs reading the companion book. Hmmm, just a thought, but a special edition companion book with full color images of these cards might be required. I would not care what the book costs - I need to lose a few pounds anyway, so I could save my lunch money until Fall. I just feel these cards are so special, they need a full color book to accompany them.....Just a thought!

RubyV

Swoon.

When is the preorder?

Drool.