Queen Of Wands

Kuma

I have been drawing the Queen of Wands very regularly for a few years now in any relationship spreads. Im worried that she signifies 'A Mistress'. Does she have this meaning, more so than any other card in the deck?

blueviolet

I get her a lot in relationship readings as well. I wouldn't always think of a mistress, she could signify different things depending on surrounding cards, the question/situation, etc.
For me, I've taken her to represent myself as seen by the other person most of the time. Also how I act, or how I appear to him.
She's attractive, dignified, social/popular... she's kind of that magnetic woman in the crowd, as I would describe her. She may also be a bit flirtatious, maybe impulsive, spontaneous, forward. Just to give you some ideas.

Sulis

She may be representing you and how you are in the relationship.

The Queen of Wands is fiery and sexy, she knows what she wants and how to get it, she can be a bit of a drama queen, she's funny and has loads of energy and she can be a bit selfish at times. She's a go-getter and she's a lover of life, she's also a loyal friend and lover but she has a bit of a temper.

Does that sound like you?

Fostha

Sulis said:
She may be representing you and how you are in the relationship.

The Queen of Wands is fiery and sexy, she knows what she wants and how to get it, she can be a bit of a drama queen, she's funny and has loads of energy and she can be a bit selfish at times. She's a go-getter and she's a lover of life, she's also a loyal friend and lover but she has a bit of a temper.

Does that sound like you?
That coupled with the fact that she can find the right balance between home/career too,good at multi-tasking,(most women are really)my first guess would be a mistress if thats what your first thoughts are,or your reason to question the cards if your suspecting infidelity,otherwise i think she's simply telling you that you need to be more like her.

Kuma

Hi Sulis :)

No it doesn't sound like me. At present I relate more to the Queen of Cups or the Queen of Swords. Between heart and head.

If I was more like the Queen of Wands then maybe I wouldn't be anxiously consulting the tarot about my relationship :~) lol. She appears to be a very confident personality, action-orientated.

Sulis

She is very confident and action oriented so maybe the cards are advising you to be more like her (as Fostha said).

It really does depend on what you asked, the position of the card and what the other cards in the spread were saying. In a reading the cards really weave together to form a story. Taking a card out of context is a bit like taking a word out of a paragraph and asking what it means. We can tell you what it means but it may not mean that or exactly that in the paragraph it came from.

Context is very important.
If the Wand Queen shows up and she's always in the position of 'external influences' or 'others in this situation' then yes, she may well be a mistress but if she shows up in other positions she may be offering you advice or describing a situation.

If you post one of the readings in Your Readings you may get more of an idea as to what this card is trying to tell you.

Kuma

Thanks all for the feedback. :)

What you say makes sense. The position of the card is as important as the card itself in determining it's message.

Court cards can be confusing sometimes. Are they archetypes or actual people? I wonder if it is best to state the intent before reading? i.e. all court cards which appear will represent actual persons. Do you think that this would work?