Looking for a "moving home" spread

katie_here

I've been asked to do a reading on moving home, but I can't find a spread (I haven't done one before so I don't have one in my journal).

I found this in Use Tarot Spreads by Sylvia Abraham but I think its too many irrlevent questions.

Could someone help me by either suggesting one or tweaking this one.

1. What are my concerns involving this move
2. What is the conflict?
3.Will I be happy when I make this move
4. How will my new home, new area, new work affect me?
5. What are my options about the move in the next few weeks?
6.What choices did I make in the past that are affecting me now?
7.Will I learn new skills at work or at home?
8.What does my financial future hold for me?
9. What are my hopes and fears about the move?
10. final outcome.

the cards are supposed to be laid out thus....

10----------------------9----------------------8
6-----------------------------------------------7
4-----------------------------------------------5
3-----------------------2-----------------------1

I think a house shape is better

---------------------10----------------------
----------9---------------------------8
--------------7-------------------6
--------------5-------------------4
--------------3---------2---------1

thanks

Maelin

I like your house shape for this reading! What about simplifying it to even fewer cards..

++++++9++++
++++6+++7+++
+++3+++++5++
+++2++1++4++

1. What is the Foundation ( pun intended) of this move? Why is this happening?
2. What experiences do I need to bring with from where I was before?
3. What do I need to leave behind?
4. What am I hoping for from this move?
5. What do I need to look out for?
6. What is the view of others about the move?
7. What is the immediate future involving this move?
8. What is the final outcome of this move?

However you choose to do it, post and let us know how it goes.

katie_here

Thanks Maelin

I like what you have done and will have a go with it. As soon as I get feedback I will post here and let you know! :)

Katie

Rhiannon

Well, they say "you can never go home". Things and people change to much for you to go back to "home" exactly the way it was. I think a spread should address that issue so you can be prepared for it. Here are my thoughts:

1. Your past experience of home.
2. What you expect when you get home.
3. What will you gain by moving back home?
4. What about home has changed that you may not expect?
5. General advice.

I started as having 2 and 3 part of the same question, but they should be separate, I think. And 5 may not be a necessary card. *shrug* It could work though.

Good luck with your move!
R :)

katie_here

Maelin

It worked out quite well, As I did the reading, I thought there was some sort of conflict going on where one person wanted to move and one didnt, and that there was some feeling of trepidation about the move but it would turn out fine in the end.

here is the feedback.

Thanks Katie,

Very interesting reading, and quite true, we, meaning my partner and I are having heated discussions over where to move, I want to move back to where I used to live, nearer my parents, and he wants to move right out of london.

Yes prices of property are a little cheaper but neither of us are car drivers, and we have a boy of 6, commuting to and from work is so expensive too.

And we will have no family near us, to be quite honest I don't want to move to far from my parents.

So we are going to have to discuss the pros/cons more.

Thanks again for the reading, very helpful, and will let you know how I get on.

---end----

I was pleased with this feedback because I felt awful giving a reading saying things other than everything is rosy, but I tried to keep a positive slant on it, and when people say your reading has helped, then you feel as if it was a worthwhile effort.

tmgrl2

Once when I was worried someone would ask me to do a relationship spread, jmd reminded me I could adapt my own spread to one if I were asked.

I like to keep my spreads fairly short and simple, although I have been playing with the double card, past/present/ future that Umbrae did recently.

Maybe you have a spread of your own that you can adapt?

Here's my own spread...that I often adapt for various topics.

It only has 5 cards....and the purpose of each sword could easily apply to a situation about moving:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25622

Also, check under the Spreads Forum....there are so many wonderful ones there created by Forum members. Many of them I have printed and saved and use as designed or adapt to need of the moment.

terri

cormac

thank you katie_here and Maelin :) -- this is perfect for a spread i was asked to do concerning this subject -- it wasn't listed in the spread index but luckily there is the forum search function :D

thanks again :)

(btw katie is my niece's name -- i love that name :) )

oh i just noticed preparing to do this spread that the top number (at the "peak" of the "roof") should be 8 not 9 -- took me a minute to see that lol

thanks again :)

Moonbow

Thanks cormac..

I've added it to the Spreads Index. :)

cormac

Moonbow* said:
Thanks cormac..

I've added it to the Spreads Index. :)

thanks moonbow :) -- i think it'll be a nice addition :)