Gold foiled deck - one card missing foil

schizandra

I just received a copy of the Golden Tarot of the Renaissance, also known as the Estensi Tarot. As I always do with a new deck, I unboxed it and familiarized myself with every card... and I was perplexed to find a single card (the 10 of Denari) that has no gold foil on it whatsoever. I don't mean to sound like such a magpie, but it's really bothering me that this card does not match the rest of the deck.

Does anyone else have a copy of the gold Estensi? Is your 10 of Denari gold-foiled? Assuming my card was missed on accident, how do I go about getting this corrected? I ordered the deck off Amazon.

Philippe

It's not an accident. Mine isn't either. You can verify on Albideuter that it's the only card that is not gold-foiled.

schizandra

I feel better knowing it's deliberate. Do you know why they made that decision? I'd feel better still knowing the reason.

garmonbozia

Not sure, but I do love the irony.

The card that is perhaps the most representative of wealth, is the only card not gold-foiled?

schizandra

Yes, it is an annoying sort of irony. :p

I asked this same question in a Facebook group and someone claimed they had purchased this deck several years ago and their 10 of Pents has foil on it. But had no camera to prove it. So I'm not sure.

RiccardoLS

Hi there.
It was deliberate (and never had foil).
As for the reason, I don't remember, but I will ask and report.
Or you can ask it on the LS Facebook page... so the answer is more of a global feedback.

Riccardo