astrology study group ~ gemini

isthmus nekoi

Hi everyone! Welcome to the next installment of our study group. If you've just stepped in, please check out the index thread to help you get started in the group:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=12481

This month, we'll be shifting gears from steady Taurus to flighty Gemini which also covers the 3rd house and speedy Mercury.

isthmus nekoi

Well, in my chart, 3rd and Gemini are empty. Aries cusps 3rd, Gem cusps 5th and Merc is in Cap/12th.

12th Merc w/squares might indicate that I'm quiet and slow in communicating, but when you look at Aries cusping 3rd, you'll see that while I am secretive, I love a good debate and can talk a mile a minute! Add in the fact that Mars (ruler of Aries) is in 1st and you can probably guess that I am a terrible listener, and if I'm not careful, I will interrupt a person if I think they are speaking too slowly!.... (Aquarian Mars has no patience for boring small talk :p) However if someone is telling me something personal, you can bet that my lip will be zipped - I am very good w/secrets!

12th Merc also explains to me somewhat why my writing is so strange. I don't work on my recreational writing as a craft, rather it is a way of consulting the oracle, a method of divination. The stories are never wrong. They tell me what I need to know, they're my maps. They superseed tarot and astrology for me b/c the metaphors are so deeply personal... Of course, it is a rare day when I let someone *read* a story of mine. Very very rare.

As for Gem on 5th, I enjoy learning all sorts of things and am extremely curious by nature.

Keslynn

I have my Mars in Gemini in the 7th house. Perhaps this is why I'm not dating anyone right now. ;) I can be sarcastic and an overall evil bitch. However, I've really tried to curb the tendencies to let fly with the verbal arrows. My tendency is to want to talk out my problems in one fell swoop and have it done with. Then I really am done with it. However, a lot of people have trouble dealing with that approach for some reason. I think having Mars in Gemini can also mean that my energies can get scattered because I want to pour myself into everything I like.

My 3rd house is empty.

:) Kes

azuremariposa

hiya! i think back when we did Aries i mentioned the mutual receptivity i have with Mercury in Aries and Mars in Gemini...which is pretty cool if you ask me...:) makes for a quick mind and quick communication...but also gives me my heavy slant towards sarcasm and gives me a ton of nervous energy...i was always the kid who bounced their leg under their desk in school! lol...always restless...

now, i have Mars and Saturn conj in the 4th (well, it's the end of the 3rd, i'm told it's interpretted as the 4th) in Gemini...supposedly this explains my troublesome childhood and penchant for depression back then (and to some extent, even now)...Mars (getting what i want) in Gemini (through communication) is a strong influence b/c it's true that i tend to rather persuasive when i want, and was an excellent sales person when i chose to be...i've also written quite a few bits of poetry that i think helped sway the thoughts of certain individuals...hehe...

anyway, but then there is the influence of Saturn in all this...Saturn (the teacher) in Gemini (through communication) has left it's mark on me as well...i love to learn, and if i could afford it, i'd probably go to university the rest of my life...at work i was often put in a leadership or teacher type position, even if i had just started!! lol...and i've learned that i have to have faith in the future, otherwise all my plans go to crap! :D heh...i'm rather prone to putting my foot in my mouth and regretting it later...this has also proven out in relationships in my earlier years where i would say terrible things just to see (to learn) the reactions of others...thankfully, i got past that morbid curiosity in my early 20's...Saturn also has a tendency to stifle my Mars, causing something of a blockage to my wants and desires...Saturn says i have to pay my dues first before i can get what i want...and to have faith! faith is what will get me to where i want to be...

now, i know the 4th is the home, personal foundations, as well as the mother...Gemini on the 4th cusp shows a tendency to see the mother as an intellectual, however b/c of our karmic relationship, she came off more so as cold and unloving...but that has to do w/karma, so anyway...i think my tendency to see myself as knowledgeable or intelligent has helped me retain a sense of emotional stability, and this relates to the Gemini in the fourth...

anyway, that's about all i can think of at the moment...you know, i never really think about Gemini in my chart very much, even though it does have such a big impact on my life...i don't know why i tend to be oblivious to it...i suppose it's the same thing that makes me forget i have Moon conj Pluto alot...hehe

as for my 3rd house (Gemini's home) i have Venus in Taurus...but i think i talked about that enough back in the Taurus thread ;)

edited to add: another interesting note...Saturn is my chart ruler (Aquarius Asc) and Mars is my Sun ruler...and they're both in Gemini...heh...i thought that was interesting, no? :)

many blessings,

~azure

isthmus nekoi

Keslynn, w/Gem on 7th, you probably have Aquarius cusping your 3rd house which may also heighten the need for individuality in terms of communication. I'd look to where Saturn and Uranus are placed to see how 3rd house issues play out in your chart (as opposed to the nature of it which will be expressed by Aquarius).

azuremariposa, wow, I know so many ppl w/Saturn conj Mars. From what I've observed, Saturn puts a real hold on the expression of anger. In my sister who has an 12/Aries moon, I've seen it build up to explosions or express itself in biting sarcasm (she always has the *best* insults). As for my roommate, I've never seen him lose his temper.... w/the conj's in Gemini, this supression of anger might be exaggerated unless other chart factors direct you otherwise.
Since Mars is exalt in Capricorn (Saturn), and 4th also covers endings as well as origins, you may possess more strength than others when you are older. This conj in 4th might also indicate the nature of your environment whilst growing up - aspects to other planets will show you whether this was a challenging conj or a more easy going one.
THat's also very interesting that ASC and Sun both deposit to the same sign. I've read that if your conj makes any aspects to ASC/Sun, this will strengthen them (you may have an air trine w/Aqu ASC and Gemini conj).

azuremariposa

isthmus nekoi said:
THat's also very interesting that ASC and Sun both deposit to the same sign. I've read that if your conj makes any aspects to ASC/Sun, this will strengthen them (you may have an air trine w/Aqu ASC and Gemini conj).
:D i have grand trines in fire and air...(though i think the fire one is questionable, depending on your method of chart interpretation) my chart is mostly air...and very, very cardinal...
as for my temper...
isthmus nekoi said:
From what I've observed, Saturn puts a real hold on the expression of anger. In my sister who has an 12/Aries moon, I've seen it build up to explosions or express itself in biting sarcasm (she always has the *best* insults).
um...yeah, biting sarcasm is a nasty habit of mine...it probably NEVER shows up here (i've got that Libra moon to slow it down), but in person, you will know quickly if i: don't like you; think you are too slow; etc., you get the point...unfortunately, i often don't have that good of a grip on it, and it comes out (or sounds that way) when i don't intend it to...*sigh* not very pleasant, i know...and yeah, i've been known to explode now and again...takes alot to get me to blow, though...but when i do, it sure ain't pretty! :(

there's also Ms. Venus to consider in all this...she is in Venus, but also conj Mars & Saturn...they form a tight little bundle, since Mars is 1 degree Gemini & Saturn is 2 degree Gemini...but she's over there waving hi from Taurus 24 degree...

personally, i think those grand trines are boring...i'm more interested in my T Square...but that's another thread altogether ;)

can somebody please tell me to shut up now?!? lol...i'm hoggin' the board, pls excuse...NEXT!!!!! :D

much love and many blessings,

~azure

Royal Cat

Me

I have Gemini Moon in the 11th house
My 3rd house has Libra in Pluto and Virgo

Mercury Scorpio in 4th
Saturn Cancer in 11th
Uranus Libra in 4th

My Sun sign is Scorpio with Leo asc.

Now... how does this all affect me? I'm not entirely sure. :( I still have soooo much to learn!
I enjoy traveling, *can* be very talkative (when I want to), I enjoy writing, and love to learn. Like azuremariposa I would go to school forever if finances allowed for it. :) Also, having Gemini in the 11th house makes it easy for me to get along socially with just about anyone (for a limited amount of time!)... I am slow and cautious when developing *real* friendships (due, in part, to my Scorpio nature I suppose) but Gemini helps me blend in easily and converse with nearly any group of people.

Cat

paradoxx

As a solar Gemini(29deg, June 20, 1981) and a rising virgo(2deg)(and thus my 3rd house in Scorpio) with my Cancerean Mercury(1deg) in retrograde conjuncting my sun by 2 degrees i am very active during times of a transiting energy. Not only is the Hardheaded traditionally stable Taurus making room for the expansive Gemini but the recent directlness of mercury is speeding things up for some and slowing down for others.

That 3rd house though, not only is Scorpio but Uranus (which rules Aquarius which in turn is my lunar sign) is at the very base of my chart (the ic) between the house of communication (3rd) and teh house of family (4th). this gives the impression of interpersonal communcation being paramount to my (and those who have similar chart conditions whatever they may be) long-term success and stablity.

If you see Taurus as its element with its attributes it is a mountain. when changes occur it could be dust blowing off the tops or an avalanche of change and destruction.

Gemini on the other hand is the everchaning wind that can dive through the Taurean cliffs with ease and may cause some problems with the Taurus energies itself for good or for ill.

The Transition between the two will require what we have learned in this last month, whether that be spritual, professional, or personal knowlege and force a change for the intellectual before we delve into the emotional (as symbolized by cancer).

Since this forum is related to tarot:
Taurus is the Hierophant
Gemini is the lovers
Cancer is the Chariot

All of these cards (in most styles including the Rider Waite Symbols) have gemini duality in them. The Heirophant and the two monks, the two lovers, the two steeds/sphinxes for the chariot. The card for Gemini flanked by other symbolic duality relates to, once again, intellect and abstract thoughts which Gemini is know to exhibit.

isthmus nekoi

azuremariposa, wow, you have a rare aspect configuration - I forget what it's called... grand something or other I imagine. It's also interesting you mention the T-Square; these harmonious trines and sextiles and then wham - something to get you moving! Also since you mentioned your mutual reception that biting sarcasm can be great when you direct it somewhere useful.... my sister is currently writing criticisms for a magazine ^_~ Anyways, feel free to write as much as you want!! Then I won't feel so egotistical taking up two posts on the earlier study group threads :)

Royal Cat, we all have much to learn! And yes, Gemini moon in 11th would definetely show a need to be very active socially :)

Virgo will be cusping your 3rd house and this is sign ruled by Merc, so again, communication is emphasized although Merc in Scorp colours Merc w/a secretive nature. Also, since you've Pluto (ruler of Scorp) in your 3rd house, I would say that there is a double Scorp influence on your 3rd house.

And yes, 3rd house indicates travel, but it rules short trips, whereas 9th will rule long journeys. Where do you draw the difference then? I've read that 3rd covers what you know, as Merc carries w/it the details that come w/familiarity and immediacy. 9th is the vast unknown, as Jupiter brings w/it an exploratory nature, broad strokes that come from general impressions of the unfamiliar.

paradoxx, thanks for the ties back to Tarot. I find this association pulls the card away from simply "lovers" towards joining any two flip sides of the same coin as it were.

Also, the directness of Merc.... well, long term projects that had been on the burner for my family - my sister's acceptance letter from a tough program, my father selling some property - suddenly came through! Plus, I got accepted to be a mod here :)

Uran cusping IC - hm.. your environment must've been interesting if it isn't still!
---
I also forgot to mention a really infuriating aspect of the Aries cusping 3rd (well, infuriating to others!!). Esp w/Mars conj Aquarian ASC in mutual reception w/Scorp Uran, I can have these crazy ideas and once I've decided it's good, you cannot budge me (fixed signs)! The *really* infuriating part is that having 3 planets in Libra, I still want to hear and consider everyone else's opinion :p And while I respect them, and think they are valid, I will usually conclude that my thinking is "right"... you can imagine how this can drive ppl crazy!

azuremariposa

isthmus,

the only problem w/that "biting sarcasm" is that my Libra Moon hates that part of me...but i have Moon conj Pluto in the 8th, couple that w/my Aquarius rising, and you know i don't mind shocking people every now and again...heh

and i love people who try to shock me ;)

oh yes, and thank heavens Mercury went direct again...i've felt bogged down for ages, and this will certainly help...:)

many blessings,

~azure