Gaian Tarot Study group index thread

Sulis

LizA

I need help with the Guardian of Fire - absolutely nothing is coming to me. Sure I can read the book, but I would appreciate anyone giving me their perception on this card. TIA

Grizabella

There's nothing wrong with reading the book. Just be sure if you're ever doing readings for others professionally that you don't read the book to look up card meanings. :p

Reading the book is what helps us to see what the artist had in mind when she/he created the deck. I think it's only respectful to read the book when a deck creator has taken the time to share one with us. :)

The Guardian of Fire is a humble person doing a very important job. He's making sure the fire is healthy, not too small but not so large as to present danger to the forest. He does his job, then goes about his business in the background till the fire needs tending again. He avoids the spotlight.

Reversed, the card would indicate someone very egotistical and wanting the limelight for themselves. Someone who would disrupt whatever was going on just to gain attention.