Legacy of the Divine Tarot-Seven of Wands

PAMUYA

Seven of Wands

I see a man standing a top a stair case in a door way, a Wand in a defensive position, standing his ground to the six on comers. His garment is blue, and cape and hood are red, passion with restraint. The element of fire shines brightly from his wand, such passion. He seems to fade into the steps, like he does not belong there, yet in the door way he is solid. I take this as living in two different worlds or lives, perhaps being a different person in both, emotionally keeping them separate, fighting to keep them separate. He does not have sure footing here, but he has the passion to protect what he wants.

Direct: Being yourself, something worth fighting for, knowing what you want, achievement, no need to defend one's self, conviction, aggression.

Reversed: Goals not worth the struggle, indecisive, timid, letting others take advantage of you, giving authority away, trying hard to please others, retreat, forced compromise, avoiding action

This card leaves me a bit confused. What are your thoughts? Picture of card enclosed.

Attachments

• My 7 of Wands.jpg
    My 7 of Wands.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 282

JSNYC

I see a man, walking out to face much greater odds, with his head held high. Maybe he knows he is "doomed", but is facing the challenge with honor or standing on principle.

Or maybe he knows he has a strong ally, or that allies will be on the way. Thus although the odds look daunting, he is confident of success.

Or maybe he is just confident in his skills, or possibly even overconfident? The previous card, the 6, is a card of triumph and success, could he have let pride breed arrogance?

Amanda

Reminds me of the mirror in the first Harry Potter movie. You would look into this mirror and see your deepest desires. People could sit and waste away their lives looking into this mirror. The person defending it then would sort of be your conscious, keeping you from slipping into false security. He makes you work for it to actually achieve your desires.

Manda

I usually see this card as a female, standing in front of the doorway. I often see her as holding the gate open, waiting for the others to join her so they can all slip in before it closes. Sometimes I see her as keeping the approaching wand-bearers out; whether this is right or wrong I cannot say.

In any case, this card seems to be about challenges, gateways, and bold convictions, whether the conviction is that you should be allowed to pass, or should keep others from doing so.

tarotlaura

The way I see this card is that there are 6 wands to one. The odds are not good, but he's a loyal guard that stands between worlds and he's ready to defend it. He looks as if he knows that he may not come out of this alive but he stands his ground anyway. And he may just win as it doesn't always take brawn but sometimes intellect may win in this case...maybe a bit of magic too as his wand is lit and glowing.

The six wands look like they're ready to attack as they look like they're pointing at the guard. I also love how each wand is completely different than the other. Each wand is glowing too and they may also be ready to defend with magic.

But the 6 wands and the guard each have passion and determination to fight for what they believe is theirs.

I have to agree with Sassy that they imagery on this card does leave you confused.

-Laura

colinmcq

7 wands

the way that I see this there is a doorway the the man/woman there is saying you go no further and won't budge and not moving for any thing or any one, I'm just learning the meanings but when you look at the card the way that the picture has been depicted looks like the little ray of hope cos there shows light beaming from the sides the ray of hope I know that is'nt correct but thats how it looks to me.....also looks like he/she is up for a good fight as well
Colin

Syrinx

tarotlaura said:
The way I see this card is that there are 6 wands to one. The odds are not good, but he's a loyal guard that stands between worlds and he's ready to defend it. He looks as if he knows that he may not come out of this alive but he stands his ground anyway. And he may just win as it doesn't always take brawn but sometimes intellect may win in this case...maybe a bit of magic too as his wand is lit and glowing.

The six wands look like they're ready to attack as they look like they're pointing at the guard. I also love how each wand is completely different than the other. Each wand is glowing too and they may also be ready to defend with magic.

But the 6 wands and the guard each have passion and determination to fight for what they believe is theirs.

I am more along this line of thinking than others. I most often feel this card is about having your "back up against a wall", standing in an advantageous position, but how long can you hold your ground with so many coming at you? I have interpreted this as "moths flocking to a light" too.

Often after achieving victory, we tend to slack off. If you rise to the top, expect to be challenged!

Sever

Often after achieving victory, we tend to slack off. If you rise to the top, expect to be challenged!

I see this meaning in the card as well, especially if we take into account that it comes after the 6 of wands.

When someone enjoys success or rises to a position of power, many will also rise to criticize and/or oppose them. It is time for the victor to test their strength and stand their ground.

I see the hooded figure as a woman guarding a portal to a different realm (there seems to be constellations behind the doorway). For some reason, she must not let the bearers of the six wands get through. Perhaps they are out to harm? The fact that her lower half is fading into the background and the empty eyes (a little scary) emphasize that she is not quite of this world.

gypsiejones71

I see this person standing up for what they believe in, even though it seems to go against popular opinion. Behind the doorway I imagine, is her beliefs and opinions which she is defending.
Being at the top of a stairway would suggest that she should not give in as she is in a strong position.
This is a person that doesn't just follow the crowd like a sheep; she has the courage to fight for what she knows is right.
She possesses the courage to be an individual, to be herself. She's bold. She stands out from the crowd.

The kind of people this puts me in mind of are unconventional dressers, goths, gays & lesbians, business people having to make redundancies, innocent people in the witness dock and people in general that we all thought were wrong until they proved to us that they were right after all!