Quantum Tarot: the Two Pentacles

nisaba

I decided to do my homework first, and re-read the appropriate page of the booklet. Subatomic spin, eh? I love the idea of spin that doesn't spin, and I'm wondering if spin-doctors are the modern world's jugglers?

Against a watery background, the shadow of a man stands, leaning back, off-balance. If he were to stand that way under regular Earth-gravity, he would already by too far tipped-over to stop himself falling backwards, and htere is gravity, I know, because the water is lying there behaving like water, not floating around behaving like eccentric ping-pong balls.

He holds two steel Pentacles in his hands, one of them with a yellow-green lozenge in its centre and the other one with an orange one. Behind his head there is a diffuse source of light illuminating them, the water and backlighting the figure even though he is merely a translucent shadow. Was the person photographed for this card the same as the King Wands? There is a familiarity about him somehow.

Kay, in some ways I'm very old-school, and to me Pentacles are Earth, or the material world (money, food, jewellery, fast cars, I accept them all). My biggest problem with the Mythic Deck was that the Ace of Pentacles, surely the Earthiest card of all, featured a lake with a merman in it. And here again, this earth card doesn't have the surface of an asteroid or planet or something, it has water. Isn't that what Cups are for?

I do, however, love the way sometyhing that could be bloodstains or could be hordes of spinning quarks, are flying out of hte juggler's head through the light. I like hte falling figure through space, the stuff flying out of his head, the idea that because he is only a shadow, the Pentacles could be spinning - in different directions and at different speeds - in his closed fists. I also like the fact that despite being seen in silhouette, he seems really calm about all this action occurring around and through him.

comments, people?

Leo62

nisaba said:
Kay, in some ways I'm very old-school, and to me Pentacles are Earth, or the material world (money, food, jewellery, fast cars, I accept them all). My biggest problem with the Mythic Deck was that the Ace of Pentacles, surely the Earthiest card of all, featured a lake with a merman in it. And here again, this earth card doesn't have the surface of an asteroid or planet or something, it has water. Isn't that what Cups are for?
Like many of the cards in this deck, the symbolism is anchored in the RWS version of the 2 of pents, which has water in the background ;) I think the choppy waves in the RWS symbolise the up-down nature of the indecision or juggling of choices. :D

Attachments

• QuantumCards-66.jpg
    QuantumCards-66.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 154